Someone is using my Skype account from another com...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Someone is using my Skype account from another computer. How do I ban them from doing so?

I signed into skype in another city on another computer some time ago. Recently noticed messages that I haven't typed myself. How do I stop them?

I don't have access to the other computer.

KajTorvaldGrey
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hej där :tongue:

Changing your password is the only secure way I know.

If you change your password, you have to log in from all computers, even though it would log in automaticly. So you can be sure, if you change it, there are no people using it.

I can also recommend you to check your PC for Malware / Viruses etc. 

Hope I could help.

Kaj

View solution in original post
Wildras
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 9 (2,702 Views)

Re: Someone is using my Skype account from another computer. How do I ban them from doing so?

Changing your password may help.

Hope I could help.

Kaj

KajTorvaldGrey
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 9 (2,692 Views)

Re: Someone is using my Skype account from another computer. How do I ban them from doing so?

Hey,

Yeah I just did that. If everytime skype connects to the internet/server it asks for password verification then this will work. Are there any other sure ways to solve it?

I wanna make sure this works. I feel violated :sad:

Wildras
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (2,690 Views)

Changing your password is the only secure way I know.

If you change your password, you have to log in from all computers, even though it would log in automaticly. So you can be sure, if you change it, there are no people using it.

I can also recommend you to check your PC for Malware / Viruses etc. 

Hope I could help.

Kaj

KajTorvaldGrey
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 4 of 9 (2,680 Views)

It makes sense. Thank you!

Wildras
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (2,677 Views)

Same thing happened to me... I got this software called Malwarebytes.  It seems to be working well.  I have gotten messages when on skype that malwarebytes has "blocked a malicious intrusion" (or something like that).  I hate those filthy thieving hackers.

responding
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 9 (2,176 Views)

Hi,there

I had this little problem,someone is using my account 24 hours  the last 8 days without unlogging...i change my password...but without any results....what shall i do?

janet.kirilova
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 9 (1,475 Views)

Hi. I have the same problem. Do you resolve it?

Karlynas
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 9 (1,420 Views)

You can try the "/remotelogout" chat command.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10042/what-are-chat-commands-and-roles

/remotelogoutSign out all other instances except the current one. This will also stop push notifications on all other instances.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6909
Message 9 of 9 (1,414 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling