Solved! Go to Solution.
Accepted Solutionby ruwim
I tried that, still won't work....
What exactly happens when you start Skype using the new shortcut with the /legacylogin switch?
The fastest method currently, to resolve this is to install over,what you have, using the beta release here: http://skype.com/go/getskype-beta
Any other suggestions?
In your case and your case only.
1. Please stop any and all running Skype Client programs on your system.
2. Using your Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs uninstall Skype, when prompted to save your history, choose yes.
3. Using Windows File Explorer ("What you use to view files with") do:
If you find a file called shared.xml right click on it and choose delete.
4. If you see a folder for the Skype name in question, click on it, if you see a file called Config.xml right click on it and choose delete.
5. Using the Windows file Explorer enter:
NOTE: If This is a 64 bit system, please look in the program files (x86) folder
Right click on the Skype folder and choose delete.
6. Please install the normal version using the instructions below:
You can install the current normal release by doing this from the top of this page:
Get Skype -> Windows -> Choose the normal release.
Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?
simple uninstall it download yahoo messenger and continue to enjoy chat and voice webcam chat with no headaches if something doesn't work such as skype fefuse to be bothered and upset let the boondoggle idiots fix it like it was before microsoft dumbells took it over