Skype won't detect my build-in camera

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype won't detect my build-in camera

I have the same problem. My built in webcam on the laptop has been working perfectly with skype until today when I allowed the latest upgrade, and now it says it cannot find a webcam. I have tried the options menu and it can't even detect a camera for it to offer to make any changes to, yet there seems nothing wrong with the camera in other software. I've tried restarting, and running with nothing else opened up.

Help!

hjp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 11 of 62 (15,711 Views)

Hello!

I've got the same problem! My camera was working perfectly until yesterday when i accepted to upgrade my Skype to the last version. Now, i can't use it!! I've tried uninstall and install my Skype, i've changed and removed the folder Skype in ..\AppData\Roaming
But all my attemps were failed ....so, anyone have any idea for fixing this problem?
Please I need help!

rubrin
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 62 (15,473 Views)

I have the same problem since yesterday. It seems to be a Skype issue, not good enough if you can’t contact Skype to see if they can fix the problem.

win1
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 62 (15,446 Views)

I have similar problem - my computer detects the "Logitec" camera but the Skype does not. How can I fix Skype settings? It is rather amusing because Skype detects the built-in microphone on my Logitec camera.
vasantr
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 14 of 62 (15,433 Views)

I got similar issue as well since 4 days ago, checked Device Manager and both my build-in and external webcam are working properly. But Video Settings function is disabled for unknown reason. Looking for help but no luck since couple days. Anyone could provide solution? I am using Skype version 5.8.59.158 on Wins 7.
aeac
Casual Tourist
Message 15 of 62 (15,199 Views)

aslo same sutuation, i can find my webcam and Cyber link youcam but nether of them will work when it comes to using video on skype , it didint work on the older version out of no where, but then i uptaded it and still somthing, maybe once in a blue moon my webcam will work but then stop as soon as i try to reconect the call or somthing fails, i really need to fix this.. please helppp! thank you

Sl1
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 62 (14,677 Views)

well...i had that problem too...my camera works than when i talk to someone it cant work...but what i did was in device manager/imaging devices i uninstalled driver of my webcam and restarted computer...when i turned computer and skype on i could use video call without any problems...i hope this helped, for sure it helped me! :bigsmile:

nikolavokic
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 17 of 62 (13,332 Views)

[ Edited ]

you must have changed your settings on skype, take another similar software into consideration, Magic Camera, you can have a try , after you install it , it will detect your build-in camera automatically, you can refer to the site:http://www.shiningmorning.com/howto-configure-webcam.html

solahui
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 62 (12,274 Views)

skype wont detect my build camera my computer does what can i do for this problem
artan-memolla
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 62 (12,267 Views)

Skype won't detect my build-in camera on my PC windows XP.. i been using it for years and it suddenly stopped working.. i have done updating or installations or uninstallations.. pls help me SKYPE..
shia_69
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 62 (12,242 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling