Re: Skype won't connect

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hi Guys;

I recently had this issue, turned out to be anti virus.
I had removed norton, but it left some trace stuff behind -- After using a norton removal tool, all was OK.

I suggest uninstalling your antivirus (WITH A SUPPLIED REMOVAL TOOL TO REMOVE ALL TRACES) momentarily to TEST -- and then reinstall it, and see about configuring it.
Hope it helps!
samuraizero
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 21 of 102 (16,189 Views)

that's a little drastic.
you don't have to uninstall norton, only turn off the "smart firewall" under the network connection heading. to get there, on the norton homescreen, click on the 'advanced' tab (next to the gear) the second heading is network protection, and the first item on the right is smart firewall. turn it off when you want to use skype, and its easy to turn back on. norton will tell you that your system is not secure and ask to secure system. doing so will turn the firewall back on. skype won't work if the firewall is up.

hopefully i described that right, good luck!
nrclippert
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 22 of 102 (16,082 Views)

Yes, if anyone has a solution to the connection problem, please let the rest of us know. I'm in S. Korea trying to contact N Zealand and UK... where it's working fine.

annabella
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 23 of 102 (16,063 Views)

Same here and It seems like there isn't a solution. And I'm in long distance relationship and my daddy is in the Marines.:sad: So someone please help us. 

ladylynch08
Novel Tourist
Message 24 of 102 (15,960 Views)

its also happing to me....dont worry. and its kinda starting to just piss me off a bit :/
sarah-scarfone1
Novel Tourist
Message 25 of 102 (15,833 Views)

mines doing the EXACT SAME THING!!! i have windoes vista though....

vankreyl
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 26 of 102 (15,815 Views)

Re: Skype won't connect:(

i now whatz hapend it is happing often but its the wireless if uve got virgin u have more cance :womansad::robotwink:

stephenlee8
Casual Tourist
Message 27 of 102 (15,747 Views)

skype is **bleep**ed up so badly! it keeps saying that i can't connect, i've changed my password, made sure my login in name is correct, and it's still NOT working! i suggest skype sorts this out!

tonilool
Novel Tourist
Message 28 of 102 (15,570 Views)

I am having the same problem, it will not connect..but my daughter hasn't a problem ..it use to work just fine~ how do I correct this ..I miss seeing my Grandkids.

glorykee
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 29 of 102 (15,563 Views)

Having the same problem myself. Just created an account of my own today. And like most of you have said, the little circle thing keeps rotating clockwise and it says ! Skype can't connect.

I've tried everything I can think of and i've browsed the web and tried other things people have suggested such as turning off firewall. And it's hopeless.

My father created an account 3 years ago or so. And he never really used it. It was mainly me... but back to the point, I never had a single problem with it!

KatieTheFoal
Casual Tourist
Message 30 of 102 (15,558 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling