I have Windows Vista and I skype literally everyday. I have had no problems at all until yesterday and it said Skype could not connect to the internet. The thing is my internet works just fine. I can access Internet Explorer, email, etc. I have restarted my computer, un-installed/re-installed skype several times and I still havent got it to work. I type in my user name and password and the "circle" spins for 5-10 minutes, then says "Skype cannot connect"
Someone please help me!
Have you tried to disable your Antivirus and Firewall?
Try my fix I posted here.
It may be the issue I am not sure, but it is worth a try though.
I am having this exact problem right now.
I've never really had a problem until not.
The gray refreshing circle continues to spin for 20 minutes and won't allow me to send messages or calls anymore.
Try to reset Skype settings(Windows 7):
1. Sign out from Skype
2. press and hold windows key then press R
3. Type %appdata% in the Run box
4. Find Skype Folder and rename it to Skype_Old (check Roaming folder if u can't find it)
1. Open Skype
2. at the top click tools and then options
3. Click advanced tab on the left towards the bottom and select connection.
4. check the box where it says use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections.
Check ur Anti-virus/Firewall/defender maybe its blocking Skype
Check IE cuz Skype depends on IE
If all else fails, ask Them for help