Skype v5.5

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype v5.5

Hello,

I am using Skype beta 5.5.x and know that final version just release but "check update" function from About memu still tell me that Latest verion install. Even Skype v5.3 installed in my computer notice latest version.

I have downloaded from skype home page just over 1Mb to install.

With package install not successfull. My computer connected to the internet and try several times.

Thanks

Hoangcamapas
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (351 Views)

Re: Skype v5.5

I ca'nt upgrade I've got 5.3
hussar
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 5 (294 Views)

Hoangcamapas wrote:

Hello,

I am using Skype beta 5.5.x and know that final version just release but "check update" function from About memu still tell me that Latest verion install. Even Skype v5.3 installed in my computer notice latest version.

I have downloaded from skype home page just over 1Mb to install.

With package install not successfull. My computer connected to the internet and try several times.

Thanks

please try the full installer.  it's around 20+ mb in size.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1420
Message 3 of 5 (284 Views)

hussar wrote:
I ca'nt upgrade I've got 5.3

any error message or notifications?  what exactly happens when you try to upgrade? 

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1420
Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)

[ Edited ]

Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Internet Options -> Delete Button -> Delete Button

Then, using a IE ("Internet Browser") window please install from here: http://skype.com/go/getskype-full

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1615
Message 5 of 5 (274 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling