Skype theme

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Skype theme

How do you change the theme in skype? It is to bright, and i need it dark. Though i found some explanations on google (tolls>general> choose a wallpaper to change how skype looks), they were for older versions of skype and are useless on the latest 5.9.0.123 version.

any information would be greatly appreciated

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

The Skype theme selection you were referring to didn't change any coloring, but only the window title display.

Right now there's no way to change the colors in Skype, you can change the chat font though via the menu "Tools -> Options -> IM & SMS -> IM appearance"

View solution in original post
v8boss302
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 18 (30,096 Views)

Re: Skype theme

I'd also like to know how to do this, the current version of skype looks awesome, really painfully white and with no contrast between messages,
I actually thought something had gone wrong at first.

anyway, every guide out there just says tools>options>general>change skype appearance...
only there is not change theme button, it's not there...
is it somewhere else? is there another way to do this?

elderbury
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 2 of 18 (29,550 Views)

The Skype theme selection you were referring to didn't change any coloring, but only the window title display.

Right now there's no way to change the colors in Skype, you can change the chat font though via the menu "Tools -> Options -> IM & SMS -> IM appearance"

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12319
Message 3 of 18 (29,544 Views)

Yes.It is big problem to unable change a theme in skype.This is very big problem for me becouse I am handycapt by eyes,I do not see very good. Vill it possible in the future?

dj-double
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 18 (20,657 Views)

i have also eye problems, and everething on my PC incl. when browsing IS DARK.

JUUUUST "THE GREAT SKYPE" IS NOT, BECAUASE IS NOT POSIBLE. MAYBE SOME MARKETING REASONS ARE MORE IMPORTANT OF PEOPLE SATISFY. HOWEVER I THINK IST TIME TO BE NOT SO "COMUNISTIC LOOKS POLITICS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don-vicko
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 18 (16,176 Views)

Hi, if you're using everything as dark theme then I can only suggest to you to use Razer comms which works exactly like skype except video calls which it doesn't have, but it's really good for calls. Also I don't know how you can get your friend there, but so far I'm using it and it's pretty good. 
Hope that helped ya for a bit, but sad that Skype doesn't have skin/theme abilities.

Nightware
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 18 (15,742 Views)

I have the same issue and cronic migraines they need to fix it before someone like me starts to throw a fit and make it happen by force. 5k in doctors bills for a free service, word to the wise "IF IT IS NOT BROKE DO NOT FIX IT"

CrystalAngel
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 18 (14,951 Views)

I think that there is a progress. After I update skype its become with color sheme like my windows - high contrast, black background and white letters. Before Skype doesnt sync with win theme, so I can say that this is biiig step. Hope it's not just for few time.

don-vicko
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 18 (14,937 Views)

I really do not understand, why is it so big problem for SKYPE IT guys to make different theme than white. Could you think for handicaped people  too, please? We would appreciate it a lot. Whatever tiny software allows us to change the theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dj-double
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 9 of 18 (14,927 Views)

Simply skype sux! I miss MSN. it was way futuristic than skype... I can't think about a program doesn t allow you to change colors?! skype is a limited compare to MSN. I wish that they would use MSN's interface and abilities instead of that primitive skype...

Wishmaster_tr
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 18 (12,197 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling