Skype suddenly being really Laggy...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype suddenly being really Laggy...

Hi,

I have been using Skype perfectly fine up until today. I am using Windows 7. Recently my computer did an update and since then Skype has been majorly lagging up...

~ Messages do not come through for quite a few minutes from other people...

~ My messages sent get the little Sending circle for a while... (and while being signed on my phone it sends before the circle thing goes away... Works fine on phone besides skype calls...)

~ I cannot send nor recieve skype calls...

~ I minimize it and it lags as I try to unminimize it and it comes up black and slowly loads back with all the stuff...

It is very laggy and frustrating to use... I have a best friend who is a tech tried to help... Updated all the things on my comp... Didn't work... Tried uninstalling and reinstalling... Didn't work... Restored comp back to when it did work.... Skype still doesn't work... I've read all the other similar issues to mine but all the things to try and solve it don't seem to be working... I have the latest Skype, comp is clean from viruses, good internet connection... Everything else works fine like Chrome ect... It's just Skype that is basically unable to use at all...

So annoying as just the other day it was working so well and suddenly it's like it's all glitched up and refuses to work at all... 

Any help would be appreciated... Thank You.

FruitLoop
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 33 (5,663 Views)

Re: Skype suddenly being really Laggy...

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem.. All my contacts are suffering the same fate.. It's horrendously slow now 25% cpu usage on my i7 and the memory usage keep increasing till my computer is crashing. I'm suggest u to use older version 6.9.0.106. 

monoK
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 33 (5,656 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem all fine up untill this morning ... i even created a separate threat compalining about lag and high CPU usage: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-6-11-59-102-high-CPU-usage-on-windows-8-s...

Did skype update this morning? Maybe they have bugged something ... 

d0brin
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 33 (5,640 Views)

I have Windows 8, this makes it even more worse. First typing something in the chat causes Skype to glitch to the start screen, then accepting or dialing a skype call does the same thing, and when you do get in your call, it usually glitches again after about 7 seconds of call time. TOO MUCH LAG!

DoctorWhovian
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 33 (5,465 Views)

how can i change my log in name to log into skype plz messg me

https://www.facebook.com/rebeccamccardelll

skype [Removed for privacy]

Madam.Maya
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 33 (5,449 Views)

I have this problem too. Hopefully they'll fix it soon :/

TheRamosOnline
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 33 (5,271 Views)

Can you please try the following:

• Skype -> „Options“ -> „Privacy“ -> untick : „ Allow Microsoft targeted ads, including use of Skype profile age and gender.“
  • Restart Skype.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13409
Message 7 of 33 (5,254 Views)

That did not solve the issue, Skype is still eating 50% of my CPU and using 300,000+k of memory.

:/

TheRamosOnline
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 33 (5,231 Views)

Skype eating 350+ K. I got 4 GB ram and can't do anything with skype open. Same problem occured on my friends as well. Need a solution or an update asap

Alex_Grumpy
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 33 (5,223 Views)

Quick question to all those suffering this issue.

Have you had a Windows Update recently, and did the problem start after the update was made?

Another piece of software I use often got royally destroyed because of IE11 that was bundled with a Windows Update, and I'm suspecting another Update is the cause if this issue with Skype, as I don't think skype can update itself without promting you first.

TheRamosOnline
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 33 (5,215 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling