Skype sounds come through my headset but all other...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype sounds come through my headset but all other audio is coming through my laptop speakers??

I have just purchased a HP Pavillion - Windows 7 (had a Dell Prior) and have not had any problems with skype until now. All my skype sounds are coming through my headset but all my other audio is coming through my laptop speakers.For example: All other times before now, I could watch a movie while talking on skype and hearing the video both through my headset, unfortnuately now if I try and do so, my skype call comes through my headset and my movie comes through my main pc speakers.This occurs with all other audio, gaming and movie sounds while connected to skype.When I am not connected to skype all audios  come through my headset.  Please help..I want to have both skype calls  and all other audios through my headset again. Any suggestions will help.Thank you. 

silentghost
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 63 (76,213 Views)

Re: Skype sounds come through my headset but all other audio is coming through my laptop speakers??

Hey I've been having the same problem. I have the Pavillion DV6 and also Windows 7. For me it happened shortly after having installed a shed load of Windows updates and also having just installed the Microsoft Accesories software that I use to connect my wireless Xbox 360 controller to my laptop. Did you do either of the above before your skype started playing up?

PBLEWIS
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 63 (76,196 Views)

Re: Skype sounds come through my headset but all other audio is coming through my laptop speakers??

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 580
Message 3 of 63 (76,186 Views)

i have the same computer, same operting system, same problem... please help =(

owlfreak3601
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 63 (75,924 Views)

Thanks! that helped a lot.

For anyone who didn't click the link, just go on Options, and then Headphone Options and then for the Volume/Speakers choose Headphones + Speakers both

limevortex00
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 63 (75,233 Views)

Its not working.. im play games and tank to ppl on skype.. when i play game sounds come out of the speakers and the persons voice comes out of the head set

Djyeon
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 63 (71,133 Views)

Djyeon wrote:

Its not working.. im play games and tank to ppl on skype.. when i play game sounds come out of the speakers and the persons voice comes out of the head set

set your Windows default playback device to be the headset while playing games -- your issue is not a Skype issue

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 301
Message 7 of 63 (71,130 Views)

it si a skype issue, this only happens when running skype

negapreston
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 63 (70,600 Views)

i did wat u said but it still doesnt work

peterlee
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 63 (61,555 Views)

Yeah same here...i tried everything that all these methods of solving this problem and I dont know what to do.
zachmna6598
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 63 (60,379 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling