Skype resolver

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype resolver

how can you be protected from skype resolver? They can with your skypename attack your internet server

Englishboy123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (5,300 Views)

Re: Skype resolver

hello ?
Englishboy123
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (5,268 Views)

In order for a Skype resolver not to have your current IP, you will need to enable this setting on ALL your Skype clients.  This protects you from everybody but your contacts.  If you find one of your contacts is obtaining your IP (even without a resolver), then attacking you, you will need to remove them from your contacts.

I have tested this out and it does work.   However you may not see a change until your ISP issues you a new IP.  After enabling this setting you can call you ISP and have them change it, or possibly change out network hardware or your hardware address to get issued a new IP when your modem power cycles.  Most ISP's change your IP at least once a week.

directconnect.jpg

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1441
Message 3 of 5 (5,264 Views)

http://resolvethem.com still works even after doing this ;/

resolvethem
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (720 Views)

If it still works after doing this, how come it could not resolve my current IP by my Skype name?

More than likely it is resolving a history of your old IPs.  There is no way to purge that from a 3rd party site.  As soon as you get issued a new random IP by your ISP, it should no longer match. 

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1441
Message 5 of 5 (714 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling