Re: Skype premium and advertising problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Skype premium and advertising problem

hello,

i bought skype premium, but still seein advertising. Please repair it. 

Accepted Solution

by ruwim

Are you seeing these “ads” at the bottom of your Contact List? If so, then these are only “Alerts and messages”.

In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Notifications -> Alerts & messages. Uncheck the options: “Help and Skype tips” and “Promotions”.

View solution in original post
TadasP
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (341 Views)

Are you seeing these “ads” at the bottom of your Contact List? If so, then these are only “Alerts and messages”.

In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Notifications -> Alerts & messages. Uncheck the options: “Help and Skype tips” and “Promotions”.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7322
Message 2 of 7 (328 Views)

Hello,

Thank's a lot. It helped :happy:

TadasP
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (318 Views)

I also have Skype Premium but when I open the interface, A advertisment (Movie) started playing automatically.  How do I stop the ad's!!!???

klucas42
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (120 Views)

You should not see any ads at all with Premium account. Can you make a screenshot of this add playing in your Skype Home page and attach this screenshot here?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7322
Message 5 of 7 (118 Views)

please can someone sort it way for me please thank alot

rita201072
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (112 Views)

Hi, Rita 201072,

As Ruwim requested, above, please post back including a screen shot of the advertisement which is appearing (please "white out" or redact any personally identifiable information).  Please also confirm you are indeed a Skype Premium subscriber.

Thank you,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!

Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
One more! David Pogue's How To Get Hacked in 5 Exciting Steps.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1258
Message 7 of 7 (106 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling