Skype playing computer sounds through call.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype playing computer sounds through call.

When im using skype and have any program thats playing noise (youtube, itunes etc.) the sounds from those programs play over skype. This has happened on the same computer with both Mac and Windows (boot camp on macbook pro). I've looked in windows and where it shows my mic even with it muted it its picking up sound, which I would assume is from something running (again youtube, itunes, etc.). I'm using Turtle Beach X12's as my headset and using the mic on that and not the built in one.

johnlang1993
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (16,308 Views)

Re: Skype playing computer sounds through call.

try this.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Sound-problems/m-p/990122/highlight/true#M73181

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6181
Message 2 of 7 (16,305 Views)

already tried that doesnt help :/

johnlang1993
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (16,303 Views)

it picking the sound mix system part as a input

need to change it some how with in the software ether sound mix

windows xp home i had same trouble, but i upgraded

sorry don't have a real asnwer, only recall what i look for when it happen

mostly game sound mix with the mic when i talk i had to mute or turn off other item so it didn't care over like windows playing music i turn that off or game i gone into the setting to turn off any fix/ music with in the game setting

i don't have this trouble windows 7

Bill65
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (16,264 Views)

That is not a solution at all. That just gets rid of your sound while on a skype call. Not helpful...

Razzly
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (7,931 Views)

Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Realtek HD Audio Manager (ofc if you have this driver), go at microphone and check Acoustic Echo Cancellation. This worked for me.

ionutionutz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 7 (5,433 Views)

Acoustic Echo Cancellation was all the problem for me, communications not work.

Thx ionutionutz !
SellPain
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (679 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling