Skype not working on Windows 7

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype not working on Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hello.

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I believe this started to happen after I updated to the latest version of Skype... Problably 6.6? I'm not sure.

Anyway, after that, I haven't been able to use it. The window is blank, and I see nothing there but the bar on top that says "Skype - Tools - Help", even though I can't access any of those options.

I've been using an older version (6.1.0.129), and this one works, but I need to log in with my windows live account and none of those versions seem to work now.

If I need to add up any detail, please, feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance

Amgf39
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (2,920 Views)

Re: Skype not working on Windows 7

Did you try uninstalling it completely and reinstalling it back ?  Also try instead of installing with the old setup, download a fresh copy from skype website and install it..  Hope this will help your issue..

Global Media Advisor at RG and Adventure Guy During Free Times..
RayJAnderson
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (2,900 Views)

[ Edited ]

If completely is through the Control Panel "Uninstall a Program" feature, I did that a few times and I also looked up for older (but not so old) versions of it, but it still didn't work... Always the same problem.

Amgf39
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (2,893 Views)

[ Edited ]

The problem is with your Internet Explorer and JavaScript.

Please, answer first these questions:

Is your Windows 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6911
Message 4 of 7 (2,864 Views)

I never had Internet Explorer installed in this computer. And since Skype never complained, I didn't even think about it. It works now... Thank you for the time.

Amgf39
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (2,851 Views)

Hi, my friends Skype is not working, every time she trys to open it, it gives her the login screen, but no options, only a blue backdrop, she has uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but to no avail, please help!

Frogbear02
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (930 Views)

Frogbear02 wrote:

Hi, my friends Skype is not working, every time she trys to open it, it gives her the login screen, but no options, only a blue backdrop, she has uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but to no avail, please help!

Ask her to try this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Can-t-login-because-there-re-no-text-boxes-to-d...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6911
Message 7 of 7 (915 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling