Skype message "Not delivered yet."

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype message "Not delivered yet."

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit sp1, skype 5.5.0.124

Appearently, sometimes when i send or receive messages via the pc client of skype, they wont actually be sent. they will simply go into some kind of query and be sent later. seems the number of late messages has been increasing recently. right now i'm looking at a conversation and i have 4 messages that are not yet sent. people have also been complaining that they send me messages that i get late.

I reinstalled skype but still same problem, i checked my firewalls and skype has access to the net, so not too sure why the messages are getting lost.

skype bug.jpg

note that the conversation, buddylist and contact has been blanked out for privacy.

drats666
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 32 (55,725 Views)

Re: Skype message "Not delivered yet."

Same here, been doing this for the 2-3 previous versions AND with the new beta (5.7).

djodars
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 32 (55,541 Views)

Just be aware that messages can only be delivered when both the sender and the receiver are simultaneously Online. Offline messaging is currently not working in Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6002
Message 3 of 32 (55,539 Views)

we both are logged in >.<

drats666
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 4 of 32 (55,532 Views)

Exactly... both parties are connected and the messages won't be delivered unless going offline for about a minute and back online. This seems to resend the messages... though it gets annoying doing it EVERYTIME you write something. Fix it.

djodars
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 32 (55,452 Views)

same problem here. a quick search on this forum will reveal that tons of people are having this same problem, but i don't see anyone from skype helping out. very dissappointing.

TL
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 32 (54,800 Views)

drats666 wrote:

Windows 7 ultimate 64bit sp1, skype 5.5.0.124

Appearently, sometimes when i send or receive messages via the pc client of skype, they wont actually be sent. they will simply go into some kind of query and be sent later. seems the number of late messages has been increasing recently. right now i'm looking at a conversation and i have 4 messages that are not yet sent. people have also been complaining that they send me messages that i get late.

I reinstalled skype but still same problem, i checked my firewalls and skype has access to the net, so not too sure why the messages are getting lost.

If you are sending an instant message to a contact who's offline, then you will see the rotating grey circle. Once that contact goes online, he/she will get your instant message.

However, if both of you are online and your messages still can't get through, try calling your contact Skype to Skype to get the message through. I don't know the exact explanation behind it, but that's what we often do and it works.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6077
Message 7 of 32 (54,784 Views)

I also have this issue.  I've seen many people complaining about it across versions of Skype on other message strings.

I'm not sure when Skype will fix; I don't see any acknowledgment of the problem.

I can add that it is specific to the client software, not the chat protocol.  What leads me to say this is that when I have the problem, I switch to a web client (such as IMO.IM) and have no issues.

It stinks, but when I have a message I know I MUST get through, I make sure I'm in IMO.IM.

tracejm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 32 (53,761 Views)

we should all switch to OoVoO... this is a major problem for skype. All these complaints and no better fix, upgrade or solution to do it ourselves. Seems we have to call skype. Waste our time. I only like skype cause the layout is simple and easy. but i cant even use it to chat with my lady in Hawaii and i cant leave notes for her to read on time. She thought i forgot her birthday. Thanks alot Skype.

kakulz
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 32 (50,629 Views)

I have some problem about sending message to sms even if they are not on my list. One thing that i dont understand, i bought some credit on my skype. How we can this problem will be solved infact this is very anoying, i am expecting that all my message are send but they dont recieved any of my text or sms.....

Anyone have an idea? I already install and reinstall but still it doesnt work

KIM

BabyKim
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 32 (49,195 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling