Skype is relentless NOT to log in.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype is relentless NOT to log in.

So, hello. This is literally a last resort for me, because I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and have googled everything I can think of.

Basically, my skype decided to break. I noticed that it showed all of my contacts as offline and it's icon in the bottom right hand corner of my screen was a blue circle with the little white arrows. So, naturally... I closed it and tried to re-open it. It started signing me in, but I sat there for like 5 minutes and it wasn't logging in. So I tried it again, still nothing. I then tried to restart my computer, still nothing. Then, I uninstalled and re-installed about 5 times, still nothing. I googled lots of solutions, like changing the skype folder name to "Skype_old" or deleting the "login" folder for it. Or creating a shortcut with the "legacy login" thing. I've tried installing different versions or whatever, and I have googled and tried everything I can think of. I literally have no idea what it is, this has never happened to me before and I have never had such a problem in the past.

Some useful information maybe:

I run on Windows 8.1.

I don't use any antivirus programmes.

I use an ethernet cable.

I have Internet Explorer 11.

If anyone could tell me how to fix this, I would be so appreciative!!! Please, someone help. This is literally my last resort and I wouldn't have came here if I wasn't absolutely desperate. Thank you in advance!!!!

Caitzel
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (63 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling