Skype home not available

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply

Re: Skype home not available

I am receiving messages that skype home unavaliable... It tells me to check back later..

I am new with using this, and I was very happy I was able to start to contact my friends from anyother country.. I was added as thier contact and since than I can't do anything with the skype program.

Please can someone help me...It is very frustrating!!

Thank You

lindamj12
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Posts: 1
Registered: 15-01-2012
Message 91 of 133 (3,033 Views)

Re: Skype home not available

Hi there,

 

I need your help, my Skype Home is unavailable already 2-3 weeks. Is not working.

I have last version of Skype 5.5.0.124

What can I do?

mijat987
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 2
Registered: 16-01-2012
Message 92 of 133 (3,025 Views)

Re: Skype home not available

I'm having the same problem, I guess.

 

I was on Skype talking with a friend when suddenly it crashes. I thought, "No biggie," and started it up again. Instead of asking me for my username and password, it immediately signs in. I can see my contact list and whatnot, but the page reads as "Skype Home Page Unavailable." As soon as I read that, it stops working again. I tried signing in again at a later time and I still have the same problem.

 

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it a few times, going as far as using "Run" to find the folders and everything else to delete Skype for a complete uninstallation. I turned off my firewall for a second to see if it was maybe blocking Skype, although Skype was already allowed. I've tried downloading 5.5, 5.6 and the Beta, but I still get the same problem.

 

I'm using Windows 7 64-Bit, if that helps. Hoping to find an answer. Thank you for your time.

Ziref
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 3
Registered: 16-01-2012
Message 93 of 133 (3,014 Views)

Re: Skype home not available


Ziref wrote:

I'm having the same problem, I guess.

 

I was on Skype talking with a friend when suddenly it crashes. I thought, "No biggie," and started it up again. Instead of asking me for my username and password, it immediately signs in. I can see my contact list and whatnot, but the page reads as "Skype Home Page Unavailable." As soon as I read that, it stops working again. I tried signing in again at a later time and I still have the same problem.

 

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it a few times, going as far as using "Run" to find the folders and everything else to delete Skype for a complete uninstallation. I turned off my firewall for a second to see if it was maybe blocking Skype, although Skype was already allowed. I've tried downloading 5.5, 5.6 and the Beta, but I still get the same problem.

 

I'm using Windows 7 64-Bit, if that helps. Hoping to find an answer. Thank you for your time.


First Check your connection status.

If your connection status is "Offline" , try to change it to "Online"

 

After That, Try Below:

 

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

 

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

 

Run This First. See if it resolves the issue. If Not,

 

Here is another Mr. FixIT

 

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP

 

Click the Run Now button.

 

Reboot.

 

Then, Download and Reinstall the new Skype 5.7 beta version.

 

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

 

Check if the issue persists.

 

Also, not that "Instead of asking me for my username and password, it immediately signs in." In this case you need to SIGN OUT First.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6094
Posts: 32360
Registered: 27-09-2011
Message 94 of 133 (3,005 Views)

Re: Skype home not available

[ Edited ]

mijat987 wrote:

Hi there,

 

I need your help, my Skype Home is unavailable already 2-3 weeks. Is not working.

I have last version of Skype 5.5.0.124

What can I do?


Make sure that your Internet Explorer is not set to "Work offline" mode. What do you see when you open this link in your Internet Explorer (must be IE, even if you are using another browser)?

 

https://apps.skype.com/home/

 

Also, check your own connection status. Is the status icon (the one left of your name) solid green with a white checkmark inside? Try to change the connection status using the dropdown arrow next to this icon.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6062
Posts: 42020
Registered: 27-06-2011
Message 95 of 133 (2,995 Views)

Re: Skype home not available

[ Edited ]

It still isn't working, Tamim. I managed to do all the procedures you provided and it still crashes immediately after I click "Sign me in." It doesn't seem to get to the home page now, either.

 

I'm using the 5.7.0.137 Beta at the moment. I don't always get a prompt for each attempt, but when I do, this is what it reads:

 

"Skype.exe – Application Error

 

The instruction at 0x77b475d3 referenced memory at 0x00000262. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program." Hope this helps pinpoint the issue a little. Thanks in advance.

Ziref
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 3
Registered: 16-01-2012
Message 96 of 133 (2,982 Views)

Re: Skype home not available

Hello ruwim

 

Thank's for your time! Internet Explorer is not set to "Work offline" mode. 

In attach you can see what I get when I open link in IE.

Status icon is ok. Changing connection status is working fine but nothing is happening with Skype home screen. Still not available. :sad:

 

 

mijat987
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 2
Registered: 16-01-2012
Message 97 of 133 (2,974 Views)

Re: Skype home not available


mijat987 wrote:

Hello ruwim

 

Thank's for your time! Internet Explorer is not set to "Work offline" mode. 

In attach you can see what I get when I open link in IE.

Status icon is ok. Changing connection status is working fine but nothing is happening with Skype home screen. Still not available. :sad:

 

 


This is what I would call “an unexpected behaviour”. When I open the mentioned link in IE, I’m seeing just a template for Skype Home page, while you are redirected to this address:

 

https://apps.skype.com/home/connect.html?1326835100187

 

This is something new. All this “Facebook hallelujah” has made Skype very heavy to use.

 

In your first post you have mentioned that your Skype Home was not available for 2-3 weeks. Does this mean that it was available before? Was this the case with the same Skype version?

 

Looking on the attached image, I can see that there is an exclamation sign on your network connection icon. This indicates problems with the connection. Open Network settings control panel and look for the problem description.

 

There is one more standard thing to check in your IE. In Tools -> Internet Options ->Connections -> LAN settings, make sure that the only option selected is: Automatically detect settings.

 

As a last resort, you can try to install the latest Skype 5.7 Beta, as actually recommended on the attached image

 

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/2012/01/skype_57_beta_update_for_windo.html

 

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6062
Posts: 42020
Registered: 27-06-2011
Message 98 of 133 (2,960 Views)

Re: Skype home not available


Ziref wrote:

It still isn't working, Tamim. I managed to do all the procedures you provided and it still crashes immediately after I click "Sign me in." It doesn't seem to get to the home page now, either.

 

I'm using the 5.7.0.137 Beta at the moment. I don't always get a prompt for each attempt, but when I do, this is what it reads:

 

"Skype.exe – Application Error

 

The instruction at 0x77b475d3 referenced memory at 0x00000262. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program." Hope this helps pinpoint the issue a little. Thanks in advance.


Please do a Skype reset:

 

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

 

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

 

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

 

4. Re-run Skype

 

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

 

If still the issue persists;

 

Try This.

 

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

 

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

 

Run This First. See if it resolves the issue. If not,

 

Temporary disable the anti-virus & Do all Windows Updates, including Software and Hardware, not just the Critical Updates.

 

Also make sure you have the latest versions of DirectX, Flash Installed in your Computer.

 

You may Temporary disable your Firewall/Antivirus programs to see if it helps.

 

Check if the issue persists.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6094
Posts: 32360
Registered: 27-09-2011
Message 99 of 133 (2,952 Views)

Re: Skype home not available

Tamim,

 

I reset Skype as you instructed, but to no avail.

 

My brother, however, told to me try running Skype as an administrator. He was actually fooling around, but once I set Skype as administrator and started it up, I got to the home page just fine and I can make calls again. Hopefully, it doesn't stop working again.

 

Thank you for your time and for the help you've provided, though. It was much appreciated. :happy:

Ziref
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Posts: 3
Registered: 16-01-2012
Message 100 of 133 (2,935 Views)
Reply

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling