Skype home doesn't load?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype home doesn't load?

For some reason, Skype home isn't loading for me (white background with rotating circle at all times). I'm using version 5.5.0.117, on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. I'd prefer not to have to go into any command prompt business if possible, and have already tried reinstallation several times to no avail. A solution would be appreciated a great deal if one is available.

fredthefighter
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 23 (4,653 Views)

Re: Skype home doesn't load?

fredthefighter wrote:

For some reason, Skype home isn't loading for me (white background with rotating circle at all times). I'm using version 5.5.0.117, on a 64-bit Windows 7 system. I'd prefer not to have to go into any command prompt business if possible, and have already tried reinstallation several times to no avail. A solution would be appreciated a great deal if one is available.

There seems to be an issue with the Skype server and the Home page at the moment, for some, including me. If all your other Skype functions are currently working, it should return back to normal soon.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 2 of 23 (4,460 Views)

As far as I know, everything else is working properly. Thanks for your input anyway, I'll say if anything else goes wrong.

fredthefighter
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 23 (4,448 Views)

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 4 of 23 (4,443 Views)

Per chat with customer support:

"Please note that this problem is known by our development team and will be resolved in a future release of Skype."

glwaters
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 23 (4,424 Views)

The same problem I have too ....
Skype 5.5.0.117 (also .115)
dragomir1937
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 23 (4,342 Views)

Hi,

I have installed also the future and last verion Skype 5.5.0.117 and the problem perisist.

Kind regards

dragomir1937
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 23 (4,342 Views)

[ Edited ]

I was seeing the Home Page not loading issue yesterday after installing 5.5.0.117.  This morning it's back to normal.  Home Page loading, that is.

It make take a while longer for whatever the fix was to propagate around to all of the Skype servers but it seems to be happening.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1898
Message 8 of 23 (4,337 Views)

Now it works again!

No trick! Do you have CCleaner? (freeware; cleans-up your system). If not, just download it, install it, close Skype and run CCleaner. Then startup Skype again. Voila!

IntrepidVB
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 23 (4,312 Views)

Probably a good solution, but I didn't have to, it was working properly the other day, and it's working fine now. :happy: Thanks to everyone who offered a solution and I hope that others who have been through the same problem have it all sorted now. :happy:

fredthefighter
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 23 (4,247 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling