Skype has no log in bar

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Skype has no log in bar

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help me please?

My Skype no longer has login or password bars on the start up screen. I have trawled previous threads and the 'solutions' never seem to work.

I am on Windows 7, am 64bit(?) and use IE 10. Any advice would be wonderful!

Thank you :happy:

ruwim
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

This has nothing to do with Skype. IE10 is not yet working well on Windows 7 computers. As long as your Internet Explorer is not able to execute JavaScript, you will have this "blue login window" issue.

Try now to uninstall IE10 and reinstall IE9.

In order to uninstall IE10 you should go to Windows Control Panel -> Program and Features -> View installed updates -> Microsoft Windows -> Windows Internet Explorer 10.

http://techdows.com/2012/11/how-to-downgrade-from-ie10-to-ie9-or-ie8-windows-7.html

View solution in original post
SK2000
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 19 (5,337 Views)

Re: Skype has no log in bar

You can first try this, but eventually it might be neccessary to uninstall IE10 and reinstall IE9.

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on Command Prompt, select 'Run as administrator'.

In the Command Prompt type:  cd c:\windows\syswow64 and press Enter.

Next type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript.dll

Next type this and press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript9.dll

After each Enter you should receive a message saying that DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer.

Make now the test showing if your Internet Explorer can execute JavaScript.

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE 32-bit version) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6605
Message 2 of 19 (5,320 Views)

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I attempted your suggestion again, having done it many times before from looking at other threads, and it did not work. Any other suggestions? The test does seem to work in Chrome and I followed the instructions on the site you posted to enable scripting. Where can I double check that I actually have JavaScript? I'm reluctant to unload the IE10. It doesn't make sense, surely it should be compatible with SKYPE! SK
SK2000
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 19 (5,313 Views)

This has nothing to do with Skype. IE10 is not yet working well on Windows 7 computers. As long as your Internet Explorer is not able to execute JavaScript, you will have this "blue login window" issue.

Try now to uninstall IE10 and reinstall IE9.

In order to uninstall IE10 you should go to Windows Control Panel -> Program and Features -> View installed updates -> Microsoft Windows -> Windows Internet Explorer 10.

http://techdows.com/2012/11/how-to-downgrade-from-ie10-to-ie9-or-ie8-windows-7.html

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 19 (5,308 Views)

Thank you!!!

Uninstalling IE10 worked! Make sure, if you have the smae problem, you follow the link's (and posters) advice.

SK

PS. It did take me a while to find IE10 in the Updates but it was there so keep looking!

SK2000
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 19 (5,295 Views)

Hey, at the part when you said
"Next type this and then press Enter:"
"regsvr32 jscript.dll"

When I typed it in, it didn't give me a message saying DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded. It gave me

"The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80004005."
PapaPanda
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 19 (3,828 Views)

PapaPanda wrote:
Hey, at the part when you said
"Next type this and then press Enter:"
"regsvr32 jscript.dll"

When I typed it in, it didn't give me a message saying DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded. It gave me

"The module "jscript.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with the error code 0x80004005."

See this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-will-not-start-Javascript-issue/m-p/63384...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 19 (3,817 Views)

unable to uninstall internet explorer currently setup. It ask for permission from trusted installer.. plse help

wicked.ngel
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 19 (3,758 Views)

wicked.ngel,

Try legacylogin.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-wont-open-actual-interface/m-p/931822#M68...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6954
Message 9 of 19 (3,757 Views)

thanks working now... :happy: too good
wicked.ngel
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 19 (3,751 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling