Skype does not install correctly

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype does not install correctly

I have windows vista 32-bit and for some reason I can not get skype to install on my cmputer correctly. I get as far as choosing to install bing bar and making msn my homepage. After I choose what to/not to install the bing bar it says that it is installing an then it just stops as if it is complete. When I try to open skype from the desktop icon, it says fatal error installing. I hae tried just about everything, including unistalling and reinstalling (also earlier versions).

swtlips784
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (276 Views)

Re: Skype does not install correctly

Here is a Mr. FixIT

Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter

Click the Run Now Button. and remove any skype entries.

Re-download Skype

http://www.skype.com/go/downloading-business

Start the software installation

Make sure that the Windows Installer service is set to Automatic.

Also, Clear the Temp folder and check if it helps you install the Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8176
Message 2 of 2 (260 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling