Skype crashes constantly

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Skype crashes constantly

I've been using Skype almost daily for months now and have never had any serious issues. Suddenly, just starting tonight, Skype crashes any time I do either one of two things: 1) Try to call someone (just audio; didn't even bother with video); 2) open a Facebook chat window.

When it crashes (it happened 10 times or so till I finally gave up), a Windows error message pops up suggesting I get the newest update. However, when I check for updates through Skype, I'm told I already have the newest version.

I really hope someone can help me. I'm getting a major headache over this.

Rydh2o
Casual Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Download the 5.7beta version to solve your issue.  http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/

View solution in original post
exactoman59
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 41 (26,964 Views)

Re: Skype crashes constantly

Download the 5.7beta version to solve your issue.  http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/

Rydh2o
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 2 of 41 (26,738 Views)

Awesome. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

exactoman59
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 41 (26,732 Views)

It STILL crashes after I download newest version!!! HELP!!!!

rccola08
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 41 (26,157 Views)

You probably did not completely close skype, it tells you how to do so here

jkush321
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 41 (26,083 Views)

i have same problem, it started today i have tried so many things when u start with the newest version and even restoring my computer to earlier point its solve the problem but only until i finish my call and when i went to place another call it crashed again and the solution was to download the newest 5.7 if i m not mistaking . and i did it and the same problem recurring over and over again ,so there is noting else i can do, PLS HELP !!!!!!!
alena240983
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 41 (26,000 Views)

I have the same problem!!!

yomamaluvsu
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 41 (25,945 Views)

Many of u said u couldn't download the link cause there was a breakage in this link so I am re-posting it--If u read many of the posts concerning this skype crashing issue it has been recommended that u install the latest version of skype that includes adding ur facebook friends to ur contact list and it works-I can now IM message AND also video chat with all my contacts-I have tested it after the installation and it works fine-See other posts recommending this fix-I myself have windows 7-64 bit-heres the updated link(so sorry my original link had a breakage and couldnt be opened)http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/     THIS IS THE BETA 5.7 DOWNLOAD

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 33
Message 8 of 41 (25,931 Views)

mariamadalena
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 41 (25,922 Views)

That doesn't fix anything... Does skype even have customer support? Or does it just have the "support network" "Hey guys, you can have fun figuring out your problems urselves!" WOO! Awesome, at least 2-3 years of using skype.. NOOO PROBLEMS what so ever, last two days... "Skype has shut down" over... and over... and over... Got it to work last night by updating and now same **bleep** again.. Awesome.. If this does not get checked out im switching over to teamspeak or **bleep**ty ventrilo or something!

:(n):

beefyzealot
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 41 (25,829 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling