Skype can't detect sound card, issue with playback...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype can't detect sound card, issue with playback device.

Hello

I have just received my Razer kraken 7.1 headset and have installed razer synapse 2.0. I have set up my mic and speakers of the headset through the control panel, my playback is set as the razer kraken 7.1 earphone and the mic is set as the headset microphone through the recording tab. When I launch skype there is no sound produce through the application, however with previous headsets there has been, I have tried going on youtube to see if sound comes through the headset and it does. Previously I have been using a turtle beach z11 which used 3.5mm jacks in to the computer however this new headset is usb operated. When skype opens and I try to call someone it says problem with playback device meaning I can't call anyone at all. However when checking call quality it says everything is working fine even though it isn't.

So far I have tried re-installing skype and restarting my pc none of this has worked so far, I know this isn't likely a fault with the headset as it works with all other programmes I have tried.

I am using a custom built pc with

GPU: AMD HD7950

CPU: i5-3550
RAM: 8gb 1333mhz

Motherboard: Asus p67 series

Sound card: Onboard 7.1 audio

Any help with my problems would be much appreciated.

-Thanks

George Snell

gsnell
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 15 (4,391 Views)

Re: Skype can't detect sound card, issue with playback device.

The fact that this hasn't even been replied to yet shows how bad the customer support is on skype haha. I will wait till it's resolved, until then I'll use mumble

gsnell
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 15 (4,332 Views)

I am having the same problem... I havent found a fix. 

LUBALUBA
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 15 (4,284 Views)

@gsnell, Please setup your audio device directly in Skype and not only in the windows playback/record interface.
Also, please try to quit synapse 2.0 since it may interfere with Skype.

Also please try with the latest 6.13 version 
www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/downloading/

if nothing helps, Can you please provide logs as described in this link https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12321/how-do-i-create-log-files under Skype for Windows Desktop and attach it to your post?

Thank you

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 170
Message 4 of 15 (4,265 Views)

Same problem here.. where i can find the solution?

GabrielRipper
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 15 (3,989 Views)

@GabrielRipper, please check my previous post

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 6 of 15 (3,973 Views)

[ Edited ]

So... We're all going to feel stupid after this, I know I did. Run skype in compatibility mode for XP sp3. I threw mine into administrator mode just for the hell of it as well. Works like a charm now. 

This is for those of us with kraken 7.1 headsets only it seems.

Dilwoah
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 15 (3,680 Views)

There's a HUGE problem with the fix for this headset though. It seriously SCREWS up skype. As in, MAJORLY. There's huge delays when answering calls (if it'll even let you). Sometimes it bugs out and says not enough storage space, so yeah. I'm extremely disappointed. Not to mention all the dropped calls because of being on compatibility. It majorly sucks. 

Dilwoah
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 15 (3,499 Views)

i have the same proplem but i think it was skype where was wrong

lasse.holt1
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (3,474 Views)

Can you please reproduce the issue and provide logs as described in this link https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12321/how-do-i-create-log-files under Skype for Windows Desktop and attach it to your post?

By looking at the logs we could see what is causing the problem and suggest a solution/workaround or identify a real bug.

Thank you

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 10 of 15 (3,455 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling