Skype can't connect. HOW DO I FIX IT!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype can't connect. HOW DO I FIX IT!!!!!!!

Everytime i bring up my skype program i log in and the blue circle spins for about 20 seconds. Then highlighted in yellow it comes up with, Skype can't connect. I have tried re-installing it, and fidiling with my internet options. My firewall is completly off and i dont use a proxy server i use a ADSL connection and i dont have a wireless router. I SERIOUSLY HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! i wish there was a skype customer support number i could call :sad:

KaterinaXxX
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 63
Message 1 of 294 (96,356 Views)

Re: Skype can't connect. HOW DO I FIX IT!!!!!!!

hi! I'm having the exact same problem as this, I was wondering if anybody replied with a solution? I really have no idea what to do lol. Hope you can get it fixed! :happy:

zoebaker93
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 18
Message 2 of 294 (96,173 Views)

why is this problm happening to all of us.. freak m having the same issue.. i m **bleep**in frustratd of this .. i need sme serious solution nw to deal wid this ... please , HELP !!!!

jinal
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 3 of 294 (96,148 Views)

I have the same problems we need help, I try re-installig , and still have the same problem.....:sad:
laly0889
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 4 of 294 (96,118 Views)

This only happened recently right? I have the same problem. I think it is because I did not instal the latest version of skype, because as soon as I clicked 'not now' it went offline and could not connect. It would really help me if I could know the circumstances of when yours suddenly went offline?

Thanks in advance,

Ellie:happy:

elslovescal
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 294 (96,063 Views)

hey,

i had some proble as you described here.. try to make new account and try again.. i fix the problem like this (or have you download some free SIP app to your computer and try there?)
strukac
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 294 (95,916 Views)

Guyss you just need to update your skype x
Elle123
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 294 (95,894 Views)

I dont think up dateing Skype is going to fix this issue, i have been trying to download Skype for a few days, Cannot Connect to the Server...
messiahmonkey
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 8 of 294 (95,865 Views)

It happened to me for 2 days. I finally rebooted my router and my PC and all worked fine I could connect without any issues..

Adilh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 294 (95,743 Views)

just turn off the fire wall of your antivirus i.e MCAfee

markjahanbin
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 10 of 294 (95,237 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling