Re: Skype can't connect. HOW DO I FIX IT!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Skype does not connect to the internet. How can I solve my problem.
preksha12
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 221 of 269 (762 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem - I have tried everything deleting emp file - uninstalling - disabling firewall etc - it was working one minute and now not on all of our devices and different accounts - I need to resolve this urgently

I have windows Vista ultimate and have the lastest version of skype and am using AVAST security

misswoo
Tourist
Message 222 of 269 (735 Views)

I download skype and it didn't go to : add new programs. Plus I didn't get a skype logo or a start up logo . What site do I have to download to get my account back up and running ?

fred_olsen_58
Novel Tourist
Message 223 of 269 (696 Views)

Well ... I have no Antivirus thing installed

Zakh
Casual Tourist
Message 224 of 269 (675 Views)

Same problem. I just tried updatin it and gettin the latest version but found out the one I've got that isn't workin is the latest version. :mad:

Y-K-K
Novel Adventurer
Message 225 of 269 (642 Views)

Sensible answers only please

I too am having this problem.

Symptoms (in rough chronological order):

Someone tries to call me. Accept / close buttons unresponsive, cannot accept call

Shockwave flash will keep crashing if browser windows are simultaneously open

Skype will not start (already sgned in error, so I close hidden Skype instance in Task Manager)

Skype starts, but cannot connect (green circle 'connecting' shows indefinitely)

Antivirus (AVG free) turned off - no change

Installed Skype on my Android device. Worked first time, but subsequent attempts to open app fail

PC: Win7 64-bit, latest updates for Flash and Shockwave flash installed. IE reinstalled. No change

Android device: Samsung Galaxy Young Duo with latest version of Skype installed

If anyone else suggests turning off my antivirus as if this is the obvious answer I shall probably explode! Skype has always played nicely with AVG (TEN years now)

What on earth have they done to Skype? Has anyone got a good suggestion for an alternative, as I really dont' have time to mess around for hours trying to use something that has always worked for years...

Davedub
Novel Adventurer
Message 226 of 269 (581 Views)

my skype can't connect

nana_wusu
Casual Tourist
Message 227 of 269 (547 Views)

Ok, Since Skype seem totally indifferent to this problem, I managed to find a fix that worked for me.

Having done some serious investigating, it looked like the internal flash player for Google Chrome was conflicting with the 2nd installed (i.e. standard version) of flash.

Solution: I have had to remove Google Chrome and install another browser. I also removed flash. Skype now works fine.

The cynic in me suspects that Microsoft (Skype's owners) may be aware of this issue and happy to leave it as low priority, since having to remove Google Chrome is a great way to get people back on IE.

So I installed Firefox :wink:

I hope this helps others and saves the hours of wasted time I spent fixing Skype's compatibility issues. As a paying customer, I don't expect to have to debug Skype!

Davedub
Novel Adventurer
Message 228 of 269 (524 Views)

I've downloaded and installed skype 6.7, uninstalled Chrome, Adode flash player + plug in but still cannot log in to skype. i can onnly login via website? What going with skype these days?

tranduyquang
Tourist
Message 229 of 269 (497 Views)

Is there seriously no fix for this yet?  Unbelievable...

yaboicnr
Casual Adventurer
Message 230 of 269 (489 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling