Skype becoming offline to others when i am online

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype becoming offline to others when i am online

hi my skype is giving problems it becomes like 'hanged' and 'unresponsive' automatically  that is the point of time when no messages can be sent or recieved.

I am even shown as offline to all the contacts.

What I do then is end-process from task manager

and restart skype

then the same happens after few hrs.

it even does'tn show any signal which might tell me it has gone offline

plz help :sad:

RedRukna
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (657 Views)

Re: Skype becoming offline to others when i am online

RedRukna wrote:

hi my skype is giving problems it becomes like 'hanged' and 'unresponsive' automatically  that is the point of time when no messages can be sent or recieved.

I am even shown as offline to all the contacts.

What I do then is end-process from task manager

and restart skype

then the same happens after few hrs.

it even does'tn show any signal which might tell me it has gone offline

plz help :sad:

If you are using Win7 Please try this:

Open Windows Event Viewer. Go to Custom Views -> Administrative Events. Look for the recent error messages. Click on any errors and post the details here if they happen at the time things fail.

Otherwise do this:

Using your Windows Control Panel:

Adminstrator Tools -> Event Viewer

Click on System and later Applications, do you see any errors logged during the times this happens, if so what errors ("If you click on the errors you can get more details and copy/paste them here")?

Also, please check times after you reboot to see if any errors are produced when you system is restarting.

Are you current with ALL Windows Updates and any Updates from your manufacturers web site for your system and any attached devices?

Before trying to isolate an issue, it's always best that one is running the latest Skype release. Which may in itself resolve the issue.

A new version has just been released September 13th, 2011:

Please download/install this version from here, when prompted click the open or run button: http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetup.exe

This new version is 5.5.0.117 to check what version you have, using the main Skype client window please do:

Help -> About Skype

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 2 of 2 (584 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling