Skype auto signs me out just after log in...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Skype auto signs me out just after log in...

[ Edited ]

Hello Skype community,

I'm having a recurring issue that I can't seem to correct. I'll take you through the issue I'm having, then tell you how I've attempted to correct it.

Here's the issue: It began only a few short days ago on a gloomy but peaceful day and seems to have worsend with the weather (weather has no relation to issue) over the span of two to three days. I would log into Skype, be on for an average of 15-20 minutes in a call, then it would sign me out on my behalf randomly, with no instruction from me. Now, dropped calls have happened in the past, but this is different, it completely signs me out of Skype automatically with the notice which reads "You have been signed out."  It continued to do this while signing me out at increasingly faster intervals to the point where I'm at now. It will not stay logged in for more than about 2 seconds before it automatically logs me out. Tricky business indeed.

Boo2u

Now for the fix attempts: I started with reinstalling Skype in my usual program removal methods. Open Revo Uninstaller > delete program and registry files > go to AppData and rename skype to skype_old > restart and reinstall. Groovy right? not so much... The issue remains, dun dun dunnn. Next I uninstalled as I did above, dug out an older version of Skype and ran the .msi, I believe it was version 6.1.0.129 AND.... The issue continued to occur. Now at this point I'm beginning to get a little frustrated as I'm sure anyone would, so I took to the streets and did some leg work, by streets I mean came here to search for solutions. Of which I have found little and those I did find seem to not be working, I did find the log-enabling walkthrough which I attempted to use in order to gather information for you fine folks, it's activated, but the login/signout is not producing any log files. 

I have a Windows 7, 64-bit system, with IE-10 installed (although it's not my default), and have plenty of RAM/Memory I'd require for the program to run... Can anyone help? Or at least point me in the right direction? I'm assuming it is Skype as I have cleaned everything and done everything short of re-partitioning the HD. (by everything I mean defragmentation, malware removal (spyware/adware/etc), virus scanning, registry cleaning, memory dumping, chkdsk/f/r etc. etc. etc.

EDIT: Additional methods attempted and/or discarded.

I've found this, but have not recently adjusted emails or anything of the sort and have never used nor tried Win8... so not sure it applies. http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Account-unable-to-log-in/m-p/1176724#M89198

Tried this doesn't work http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Skype-auto-logs-off/m-p/938210#M69026

Tried this also doesn't work but I'll add the dxdiag file for viewing should it be necessary. http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/Crashing-after-I-sign-in/m-p/1451085#M121814 

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

View solution in original post
darcher
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 36
Message 1 of 40 (43,771 Views)

Re: Skype auto signs me out just after log in...

Are you logged into Skype / Messenger on any other devices / applications? (Windows Phone / Trillian)

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6511
Message 2 of 40 (43,721 Views)

Nope, I only have it on one device, and that is my laptop. I think I may create a new account and see if it has something to do with the account level.
darcher
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 40 (43,716 Views)

What type of account do you use for login in? Skype / Facebook / MSN?

Have you tried to resetting password for that account?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 40 (43,711 Views)

I'm using Skype, but I did link my windows live account to it a few months back if that makes any difference. I have not attempted to reset the password, I will now and report back.

darcher
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 40 (43,707 Views)

Resetting password has done nothing to improve the situation.

darcher
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 40 (43,702 Views)

In Skype, go to the, Tools >> Options... >> Advanced Settings >> Manage other programs' access to skype

What programs are listed in there?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 7 of 40 (43,701 Views)

[ Edited ]

Okay, so I didn't have the  "Tools >> Options... >> Advanced Settings >> Manage other programs' access to skype" option, as I couldn't stay signed in and it only had connection settings available from the login screen, however, I went into my skype and unlinked all accounts, changed my email from my live account to my gmail account, reinstalled the newest update of skype, and logged in. I adjusted my email back to my live account (for familiarity) and it still remained logged in, for now.

It seems to be working, the only programs I currently have skype allowing access to are both bluetooth headset programs: Bluetoothheadsetproxy.exe and BTStackServer.exe, I believer prior to that I also had a webcam file that had access to skype from a while back.

I'm not 100% sure what happened, but you mentioning being logged in on multiple devices made me wonder if having linked accounts could too create an issue by some chance, although I haven't made any adjustments to linked accounts for months... not sure what set it off? So I greatly appreciate you getting my "creative juices" flowing in order to troubleshoot that on an overall account level.  I had just assumed it was a software issue or conflict. 

Do you have any idea what it could have been? Is this type of thing common? I am slightly reluctant to re-link my accounts as I'm not sure of the reprocussions of doing so, but I'll play around with it later this afternoon and see if I can descern any awkward happenings and maybe pick your brain a bit more. I really appreaciate you taking the time to help. 

darcher
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 40 (43,689 Views)

Hi there!
I read your topic and I have exactly the same problem! I log in to Skype and within seconds it automatically logs me out. Did you finally manage to solve this problem and how?
How can we even contact someone from Skype customer service, I think we cannot do it over phone, thing which is ultimately frustrating!

Thanx in advance!

MelSt
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 40 (42,238 Views)

This issue nothign related to any malware or your machine issues, just log into your account on skype.com. and check if your account is linked to micrsoft or not its linked than unnlink it by unchecking the box inf front of microsoft account link. and the quite frome the application and login again you will never phase this issue again.

-Kapil-

KapsBB
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 26
Message 10 of 40 (41,793 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling