Re: Skype add-in causes issues with Excel

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype add-in causes issues with Excel

While researching the cause of a "can't empty clipboard" using Excel 2007, I discovered it was caused by the Skype add-in. The recommendation is to delete this add-in. Any other ideas? 

kwpare
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 5 (1,414 Views)

Despite (trying to) delete the add-in, my excel is still corrupted.  The logo is no longer the correct excel logo and although you can open the program itself directly, if you just double click on a spreadsheet, it will not cause the excel program to open and then open the file.  In other words the links between IE and Excel have been broken by the Excel add-in.  how do I restore them?

mikeskypenetwk
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 5 (1,087 Views)

I encountered this problem in Excel 2007 and found that just quitting Skype will (temporarily) restore the copy/paste function.
It's easy to see when it's working or not as when it's OK I get the "marching ants" around the copied selection. If no "ants" it won't paste correctly.
I hope Skype comes up with a solution soon as it's a pain to work this way...
CaptainBob
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (839 Views)

Actually, a “fix” should already be available:

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/2012/04/skype_click_to_call_fix_for_of.html

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7345
Message 4 of 5 (835 Views)

After I removed the Skype click to call function, my copy paste functionalities for excell 2007 were back. Before that, I was only able to paste text or unicode. It took me ages to find the solution... I also disabled automatic program updates to avoid such mishaps in the future.

patrikjansson1
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (811 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling