Skype + XSplit problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype + XSplit problem

XSplit is a broadcasting program.  When enabled with Skype, I am supposed to be able to use it as a virtual camera so my Skype friends can see and hear my screen.

I am aware of Skype's screen share feature, but that doesn't share sound.

When I set XSplit as the virtual camera source (stage set at 1280x720), Skype does not scale it.  In fact, it crops the screen and only shows a small portion of the upper left region.  Skype's webcam settings do not respond when XSplit is the camera, so it's not as though I can refocus, resize, or scale manually either.

Just using my webcam, Skype works fine.  The webcam settings button works as it should and I can see the entire field that my webcam captures. 

I am relatively new to both XSplit and Skype, but XSplit devs have said this feature worked before the latest version of Skype.  Is this a simple case of me not seeing an option I need to change, or is this just a bug I'll have to wait on a solution for?

yearofthegamer
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 2 (6,295 Views)

Re: Skype + XSplit problem

In the past I have 2 laptops and 2 PCs. I had installed Skype into these computers.

And no need to install XSplit, and no need to pay any license.

If this new procedure takes cost, I will uninstall Skype.

And move to other service.

susana_intan21
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (1,399 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling