Skype Toolbar for Windows 8 and Outlook 2010

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype Toolbar for Windows 8 and Outlook 2010

Hi, Just bought a new computer having used Skype Toolbar very succesfully on my previous W7 and 2007 software, would love to continue using the system as it really helped my business and I bought a faster computer to help me fully utilise this.

i have installed the toolbar software, seemingly without problem, but it does not seem to come up anywhere in my programs. FYI windows 8 is obviously 64 bit, but i installed the 32 bit version of Microsoft Office.

I look forward to any help

rgds

Dan

gwernrhuddi15
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,970 Views)

Re: Skype Toolbar for Windows 8 and Outlook 2010

I can get skype but not the toolbar in windows 8. how do I get the toolbar while using skype. I can receive video, can hear them but no sound from me.

Yenhu
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (1,952 Views)

try reinstalling latest toolbar with this link.

http://www.skype.com/go/getextra-outlooktoolbar

What is the Skype Office Toolbar and how does it work?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8162
Message 3 of 5 (1,931 Views)

Yenhu wrote:

I can get skype but not the toolbar in windows 8. how do I get the toolbar while using skype. I can receive video, can hear them but no sound from me.

Be aware that with Skype for Windows 8 (metro) the procedure for adjusting microphone settings is different. You don’t have to use Toolbar –> Options -> Audio settings, but the App-settings.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/microphone-does-not-work-on-Skype-quot-app-quot/m-p/1158300#...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7345
Message 4 of 5 (1,926 Views)

thanks for this, whihc does work sometimes, however the toolbar is not visible all the time like in my previous 2007 version of outlook and the toolbar often crashes Outlook when serching through the message body for numbers.

will this be addressed or am i doing something wrong?

thanks again

Dan

gwernrhuddi15
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (1,825 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling