Skype Startup on the Windows 7

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Skype Startup on the Windows 7

This information is there:

Please make sure you are using the latest version (currently 6.0) of Skype for Windows before reporting an issue.
You can check your version in the menu "Help -> About". Download latest Skype here

adaslivanska
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 31 of 52 (660 Views)

Have you tried my previous post?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6519
Message 32 of 52 (654 Views)

Oh sorry, I missed it - I just folow your instruction - let me to answer later :happy:
adaslivanska
Casual Adventurer
Message 33 of 52 (647 Views)

Oh... I did 2 times, and second time I restarted after uninstalation - and same...

"Solve a problem with Skype

Skype has stopped working properly.

A newer version of Skype is available for download that might solve this problem. Skype Technologies SA recommends updating to the latest version of Skype to take advantage of security and stability improvements."

adaslivanska
Casual Adventurer
Message 34 of 52 (640 Views)

recently re-installed latest skype version after having a virus removed from my laptop. i'm able to log-in and access my contact list, but that's as far as i can go. can't retrieve contact photos, and can't execute skype to skype calls...audio or video. i'm probably missing a basic setting, but can't find it. thanks.

msaarons
Novel Tourist
Message 35 of 52 (634 Views)

Don't forget to check for third party programs starting Skype per previous postings above to this forum. I had the same problem and finally remembered I was using Soluto to manage my computer startup. Once I removed Skype from Soluto, it stopped starting automatically.
tstanw
Novel Adventurer
Message 36 of 52 (628 Views)

adaslivanska wrote:

Oh... I did 2 times, and second time I restarted after uninstalation - and same...

"Solve a problem with Skype

Skype has stopped working properly.

A newer version of Skype is available for download that might solve this problem. Skype Technologies SA recommends updating to the latest version of Skype to take advantage of security and stability improvements."

Please post event viewer log in your very next reply.

Click Start >> Run >> Type eventvwr.msc /s
Custom Views >> Administrative Events
Look for any error message related to Skype crash.

The event log look like this. You can "Save selected Events...", then compress and attach the file.

0xe0fafafa.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 37 of 52 (616 Views)

Hello Tamim,

thank you very much - it is good advice! There were this program, which was reason for problem 

Název chybující aplikace: Skype.exe, verze: 6.0.60.126, časové razítko: 0x509cf347
Název chybujícího modulu: vflydcam.ax, verze: 1.0.0.7, časové razítko: 0x4bf25c86
Kód výjimky: 0xc0000005
Posun chyby: 0x00001dd2
ID chybujícího procesu: 0xf10
Čas spuštění chybující aplikace: 0x01cdca1440f8006d
Cesta k chybující aplikaci: C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
Cesta k chybujícímu modulu: C:\Program Files (x86)\IM Magician\vflydcam.ax
ID zprávy: c6520b24-3607-11e2-aa07-001d60a0fa0f

I removed IM Magician from PC and skype is working! :bigsmile: :(y):

adaslivanska
Casual Adventurer
Message 38 of 52 (552 Views)

You are very welcome and thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 39 of 52 (541 Views)

I've had same problem for some time.  Something below made me try a different tact - first, open Skype and log in.  A different "Tools>>Options" dialogue screen is now available.  There you will find the magic box to uncheck to disable the "automatic startup" of skype on startup of Windows.  Message to Skype - make this box available before logging into Skype - at the first "Tools>>Options" window.  In the mean time your users are getting fed up.

skypenotnice
Novel Tourist
Message 40 of 52 (503 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling