Re: Skype Sign In / Installation Problems - Window...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype Sign In / Installation Problems - Windows 7

I am having a very very tough time with Skype right now. Trying to get it working for hours and hours! I just got a new computer and it worked fine for one day. The next day it stopped. I have tried re-installing it, deleting the shared.xml file updating etc. I'm so confused. I have windows 7 64 bit operating system. I looked through the windows firewall and as far as i can tell skype is allowed. I have trend micro antivirus/security but i can't find anythign on there about skype. I'm not sure if someone can help me with this. I am willing to do all the things again or whatever. I also get an error when trying to install or delete the skype toolbars code 2738. I have got skype installed and when I try to sign in it takes me to a page that shows folders : languages, static and then index. When I try installing the 5.7 windows beta version i can get it installed but get the error code still and it says it cant install the toolbars. Then when I open skype there is no place for my login name or password. Any suggestions??

smeekss
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 13 (7,524 Views)

Re: Skype Sign In / Installation Problems - Windows 7

What version of Internet Explorer is installed on your computer and is your Windows 32 or 64 bit? All the mentioned problems are related to Internet Explorer and Windows Scripting Engine. With respect to the 2738 error, see this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Error-code-2738-after-install/td-p/165212

You will have to complete a proper registration of the vbscript.dll file. See this:

http://csi-windows.com/blog/all/27-csi-news-general/161-fixing-windows-installer-error-2738

Login problems are again caused by improper settings in Internet Explorer and scripting. See this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Can-t-login-Redirected-to-C-ProgramData-Skype-Apps-login/td-p/...

Note that even that in Skype 5.7 Beta you are not redirected to files on hard drive but instead are getting blank screen (with blue clouds), the problem is exactly the same.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7352
Message 2 of 13 (7,396 Views)

I'm runnign the 64 bit system

smeekss
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (7,390 Views)

and what Internet Explorer version?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 13 (7,383 Views)

I'm running IE 9. I have the 64 bit and 32 bit version.
smeekss
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (7,374 Views)

smeekss wrote:
I'm running IE 9. I have the 64 bit and 32 bit version.

Open elevated (administrative) command prompt. See how to do this on Windows 7:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/783-elevated-command-prompt.html

It is important that the command prompt shows the C:\Windows\SysWoW64\ directory. If this is not the case then type cd C:\Windows\SysWoW64.

Type regsvr32.exe jscript.dll, press Enter

Type regsvr32.exe jscript9.dll, press Enter

After each Enter you should receive a message saying something like: XXX.dll was successfully registered.

Reboot your computer and restart Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 13 (7,364 Views)

I'm having the same problem, but mine just won't let me log in, the screen is either white or black. Would those same steps work for me as well? I also noticed this problem as soon as I updated to the latest version of Skype. I tried un-installing then re-installing an older version, but the same problem continued to happen.

jmcr1994
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 13 (4,454 Views)

jmcr1994 wrote:

I'm having the same problem, but mine just won't let me log in, the screen is either white or black. Would those same steps work for me as well? I also noticed this problem as soon as I updated to the latest version of Skype. I tried un-installing then re-installing an older version, but the same problem continued to happen.

try to open the page with internet explorer and post the result

http://javatester.org/javascript.html

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8172
Message 8 of 13 (4,453 Views)

Not working at all. I still get the same thing, :/ I posted what it looks like when I try to log in

jmcr1994
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 13 (4,428 Views)

jmcr1994 wrote:

Not working at all. I still get the same thing, :/ I posted what it looks like when I try to log in

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 13 (4,415 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling