Skype Says "You're Already Logged In". Help?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Skype Says "You're Already Logged In". Help?

[ Edited ]

Alright, I am currently in a pickle. My skype, whenever I try to login, says that I am ALREADY signed in. So far what I've done is this:

1. Login with a friends account (Worked but not what I want)

2. Uninstalled and reinstalled skype (Worked for one sitting, then when I turned my computer back on the next day, said I was already logged in.)

3. Tried an older version of Skype. (Did not work)

And just to note I did uncheck the box that says "Sign in When Skype Starts"

After those failed attempts I went into my processes and found this:

skype5problem.JPG

Whenever I try to delete one of the Skype.exe's it says "Access is Denied". Now I don't understand why this is happening and if there is anymore information required for troubleshooting, just ask.

ANOTHER note; this is the first time im using the community board and I don't know if the reply will show up in some kind of inbox for me. So if I don't reply then that could be the problem. 

(I shall name this problem, skype5denied. For fun purposes of course. >:bigsmile:)

E-Mail: [Removed for privacy]

ruwim
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

Reboot your computer in Safe mode and the try to reset all Skype settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Go to Windows Start and in the Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old.

If you are on the latest Skype 6.5/6.6/6.7/6.9/6.10 version, then do also this:

Go to Windows Start and in the Run box type %temp%\skype and then press Enter or click the OK button. Delete the DbTemp folder.

Start your computer in normal mode and restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

View solution in original post
Metaltoot
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 2 (1,344 Views)

Re: Skype Says "You're Already Logged In". Help?

Reboot your computer in Safe mode and the try to reset all Skype settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Go to Windows Start and in the Run box type %appdata% and then press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old.

If you are on the latest Skype 6.5/6.6/6.7/6.9/6.10 version, then do also this:

Go to Windows Start and in the Run box type %temp%\skype and then press Enter or click the OK button. Delete the DbTemp folder.

Start your computer in normal mode and restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5950
Message 2 of 2 (1,332 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling