Skype Makes League of Legends Lag

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype Makes League of Legends Lag

Whenever I have Skype open, regardless of if I'm on a call or not, I encounter frequent lag spikes in the online game League of Legends.  When I'm not logged in to Skype, the game runs fine.

Computer Specs: M17x Space Black | Intel Core i7 940xm | Radeon HD 6990 CrossfireX | 8GB RAM @1333MHz | Crucial M4 256GB SSD | Seagate Momentus XT 750GB Hybrid Drive | Blu-ray Drive | Killer 1103 | USB 3.0 | RGB LED (1200p) 

I have Comcast internet and a Dual-Band Linksys 802.11.n router.  My internet has always been strong and I haven't encountered any problems with it up until now.  Any ideas as to how I could fix the interference between these two programs?

do72793
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 13 (26,999 Views)

Re: Skype Makes League of Legends Lag

I have the exact same problem. However it's for everything I do with the computer.

The problems started after Skype "automatically" installed the newest release of Skype. I've never had problems with Skype before and I've had this computer for one year now.

The problems consists of frequent lag spikes when playing games, videos or even music. They only occur when skype is on.

So far I haven't been able to locate the cause of these problems, but it must be some change made to the new version of Skype. I also am fairly sure that the lag spikes are caused by interruptions in the internet connection, which I'm sure is caused by Skype.

Haven't been able to use Skype for a few months now... I'm sure we're not the only ones with this problem so far...

winglessshadow
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 13 (26,728 Views)

I have been having this problem for quite a while now. And no matter what game I play or if I host the call or not on skype, I lose at least 10 FPS when I'm playing with skype on!

It's really unusable for me at this point, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stop using skype because of that.

Strangely enough, never had this issue in the older versions of Skype. Ever since skype 5.. things have been going downhill.

But skype 4 is now too buggy too use in comparison with other people having 5, so I'm FORCED to use this laggy 5 version, the latest..

What a pain.

Is there ANY solution to this?

Aphistemi
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (25,212 Views)

Aphistemi wrote:

I have been having this problem for quite a while now. And no matter what game I play or if I host the call or not on skype, I lose at least 10 FPS when I'm playing with skype on!

It's really unusable for me at this point, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to stop using skype because of that.

Strangely enough, never had this issue in the older versions of Skype. Ever since skype 5.. things have been going downhill.

But skype 4 is now too buggy too use in comparison with other people having 5, so I'm FORCED to use this laggy 5 version, the latest..

What a pain.

Is there ANY solution to this?

Make sure Skype not runs in Compatibility Mode.

Temporary disable the anti-virus & Do all Windows Updates, including Software and Hardware, not just the Critical Updates.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6070
Message 4 of 13 (25,207 Views)

Skype was never running in compatibility mode, I am using Windows XP SP3.

Plus I don't use firewalls/antivirus programs. Neither of these things have anything to do with the issue.

Aphistemi
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (25,192 Views)

Aphistemi wrote:

Skype was never running in compatibility mode, I am using Windows XP SP3.

Plus I don't use firewalls/antivirus programs. Neither of these things have anything to do with the issue.

What is the version of Skype program you are on now?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 13 (25,186 Views)

I am using the latest version, 5.10.0.116.

Aphistemi
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 13 (25,145 Views)

Aphistemi wrote:

I am using the latest version, 5.10.0.116.

Try skype 4.2 ... http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php?old_skype=88

and disable automatic updating of Skype.

In Skype, Tools >> Options >> Advanced. In the "When a new verison of skype is available ..." section uncheck the Notify Me (Automatically download and install it) check box.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 13 (25,140 Views)

I will, thank you!

Aphistemi
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (25,122 Views)

Comcast has blocked Skype! If you have comcast you will need to pay comcast 9.95 per month to use skype! You also will have to use comcast phone service at $30.00 to $40.00 per month! THIS IS THE WAY A CORRUPT CORP. WORKS ! 

capt-jmiller
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 13 (18,178 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling