Skype Lag, with fast connection?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype Lag, with fast connection?

Hi all, This issue is driving me nuts. System info: Telstra Bigpond ADSL2+ (23mb down, 0.9mb up sync) 8GB Ram i5 2600k Gigabyte G1.Sniper.2 Motherboard (has a BigFoot Killer E2100 NIC) All other voip programs like ventrillo etc work fine. Just Skype voice chat lags(not using video) People cut in and out and sound becomes very distorted. If im in a group call, everyone can hear each other fine, I just have trouble with them. Happens to everyone I talk to. People can hear me fine have tried: using 2 different modems. updating drivers disabled windows firewall opened ports on router/modem uninstalled/reinstalled skype. Call info: http://i.imgur.com/7Upkp.png
Please use plain text.
josh-mil
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 10 (7,033 Views)

Re: Skype Lag, with fast connection?

Just called the echo test. even does it with that.
Please use plain text.
josh-mil
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 10 (7,022 Views)

You can try to reset all Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

Please use plain text.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6401
Message 3 of 10 (7,017 Views)

tried that, also tried removing all registry entries

Please use plain text.
josh-mil
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 10 (6,999 Views)

try uninstalling Skype with Revo (remove all registry entries)
http://www.revouninstaller.com/download/revouninstaller.zip

now try reinstalling latest Skype 6.0 with this link:
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Please use plain text.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6101
Message 5 of 10 (6,996 Views)

Before and after: http://i.imgur.com/DeyvH.jpg Found the issue, its to do with the killer NIC LSP Temp fix: Start => Run cmd.exe cd \Program Files\Bigfoot Networks\Killer Network Manager killertool -lsp-unmap The LSP is used to bypass the Windows TCP stack for known applications, as part of the accelerator (it bypasses things like antivirus software, etc.). When you disable the LSP at least some of the accelerator's hardware features don't work – it's similar to if you use Microsoft's video drivers, versus the manufacturer's video drivers, some features aren't available. Found this by looking up similar issues for this NIC, looks like no one has reported it to Bigfoot networks yet so ill create a support ticket and have the drivers updated :happy:
Please use plain text.
josh-mil
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 10 (6,979 Views)

opps labled them wrong: fixt: [invalid URL]
Please use plain text.
josh-mil
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 10 (6,974 Views)

****** http://i.imgur.com/xInLj.jpg ************
Please use plain text.
josh-mil
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 10 (6,973 Views)

try opening a port in your router for keeps port so the stream does not get limited while you are skipping. Worked for me :happy:

Please use plain text.
omarhogni
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 10 (5,525 Views)

Hi, i dont have a Bigfoot Network file what should i do?

Please use plain text.
Mohammad.K
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 10 (1,532 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling