Skype Lag/Issues..

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Skype Lag/Issues..

Hello,

It has been some time that I've had skype issues, but this issue didn't start right away. When I got my new Windows 7 Pc built for me. I downloaded skype, skype worked fine for a long while. Then one day, skype started having issues. I would log in, make a call, and skype would shut down. I struggled with this issue for a LONG time. Then finally I uninstalled, and installed an older version of skype which fixed the problem for a little while. However, a new issue arises, what I like to call ' Skype's Lag of Death. " Yeah, it's pretty much along those lines. I've tried everything from uninstalling, re-installing. I even had my boyfriend (who is a computer tech by trade), remove all the files that pertained to skype on my computer, and tried to do a complete fresh install. Nope, this did not work either.

The issue I am experiencing for the last year is; When I first log skype in, make a call things move quickly, after being on the call for a couple hours, or using screen sharing for longer than 5 mins, skype begins to slow down considerably. - When I try to open up the skype window from task bar, I will click it and have to wait around 1 minute for the window to appear, then I try to click End call, this usually doesn't work. Unless I choose to wait 2 minutes for the action to be registered, I usually force shut down, through task manager. If I try to right click and shut skype off from the task bar, that lag is terrible there too. Once I force shut down skype, it literally take a couple of minutes for the call to actually end. This means, that skype is no longer running, but I can still hear them and vice versa for atleast 50 seconds after shutdown of the skype program.

- I'm constantly having to restart skype. On restart, things move well, until I spend a period of time on there, then all bets are off. I absolutely love skype, but this is getting to a breaking point for me.

Please, someone with support knowledge of skype, help me. My friends are all tired of chatting to me while I'm on, and when I do work calls and such, they too aren't impressed by the lag I recieve. It would be much appreciated it.

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solution

by Tamim

Try to reset skype settings

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Re-run Skype

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

View solution in original post
Quteapie3
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (7,884 Views)

Re: Skype Lag/Issues..

Try to reset skype settings

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

Re-run Skype

Note: You will need your password to re-log on, and re-set any options from default

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8138
Message 2 of 4 (7,875 Views)

Thank you! You also fixed my problem lol :happy:
Thank you very much sir, cheers from Argentina!

JuanManuelNunes
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (4,759 Views)

Thanks man you fixed my skype which I couldn't use for 4 days!

Much love. :(y):

CurtTheBeast
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (1,343 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling