Skype Home Unavailable

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype Home Unavailable

Over the past several days I am unable to logon. I'm getting the home unavailable message.  I checked many of the other post showing same problem and I have tried all the remedies suggested but to no avail.  Not sure about the server issue as I can log on with my iphone. Funny as I am writing this note my skype lit up and now seems to be working. Very strange.  Im getting a ton of messages. That's it . If the problem returns I'll update this post.

Bruce

bkapca
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 26 (12,259 Views)

Re: Skype Home Unavailable

bkapca wrote:

Over the past several days I am unable to logon. I'm getting the home unavailable message.  I checked many of the other post showing same problem and I have tried all the remedies suggested but to no avail.  Not sure about the server issue as I can log on with my iphone. Funny as I am writing this note my skype lit up and now seems to be working. Very strange.  Im getting a ton of messages. That's it . If the problem returns I'll update this post.

Bruce

Please follow these Steps:

1. Only do Step 1 if you are on WIN7:

Stop Skype.

Be sure that Compatibility Mode is not enabled (right-click on Skype shortcut icon/launcher and select Properties >> Compatibility) - for Windows 7 users only.

Try to launch Skype.

2. If Step 1 fails or you are NOT using WIN7 do:

Open an Internet Explorer browser, and go to https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... , what happens?

If you see a message box that contains a connect button, please click on the connect button.

If the page fails to display, Please do the instructions below. Using your Windows Control Panel, please do:

Internet Options -> Advanced Tab Please click the "Reset" button.

Then, Go to the Connections Tab.

Make sure that the only checkbox checked is "Automatically detect settings", then click the "OK" button.

Close any open Internet Explorer browser windows, open a new IE browser window and try https://login.skype.com/account/login-form?intcmp=sign-in&return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.skype.com%... again. What happens? If it works, please stop/start Skype What happens?

3. If Step 2 does NOT solve the problem:

Please install the normal version using the instructions below:

You can install the Current release by clicking this link: http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetup.exe

Please do NOT remove what you already have installed, simply, install over.

These instructions have worked for many and is the quickest thing to try to resolve issues such as this.

Also, what operating system are you on?

What is the Make and Model of your computer?

Do you have all Windows updates and updates to any hardware devices by the manufacturers?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 2 of 26 (12,248 Views)

I followed the 3 recommended steps and neither worked. Any other suggestion? the sign home unavaliable still appears...

Robertikko
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 26 (12,238 Views)

I keep getting message Skype unavailable and then told to shut program down. Have tried reinstalling Skype a couple times and also rebooting. What the heck is going on? I am running windows 7 I've tried a few suggestions like making compatibility mode is not activated.
mer_dugan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 26 (11,424 Views)

Yep, I'm having this similar issue. I can log on fine but when I click on someone to skype with, it wants to close out.

It says....'Skype has stopped working-A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.- Close program.'

I have uninstalled it completely from my computer and then downloaded the program again and installed it again. It still does it. I have no virus or malaware on my computer cause ran a scan and nothing. Everything was working fine until I was taking pics of my kids on skype. So what could be wrong?

Aldamia
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 26 (11,374 Views)

It is due to proxy setup. I do not allow Internet Explorer to connect directly therefore if Skype follows IE it will fail.

notihemi
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 26 (10,792 Views)

This IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!     YES...I'M YELLING.

I've tried everything as directed, and nothing. The same thing happened about three weeks ago.....................is it on usage overload?

Last time, it didn't work all weekend, then all of a sudden it returned!

What's going on Skype head honchos??

faithben
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 26 (9,733 Views)

Wow!!!!  I went to #3 and it worked......................thanks!!!

faithben
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 26 (9,702 Views)

Done all those steps - Skype Home still unavailable. This is really frustrating - do Skype not want us to be using the service?? It just seemed to stop working several weeks ago, for no apparent reason.
thestillcentre
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 26 (8,975 Views)

Hello I am deaf. I cannot add my friend into contact. It shows, "Skype Home unavailable." What happen to it? I cannot add my friend into add contact. Please help me.

thanks,

kar

Bhuv440
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 26 (8,804 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling