09-09-2011 16:32 - edited 12-09-2011 19:23
I click Help --> Give Feedback, and spend time writing a feedback message. Skype feedback says "You don't seem to have an active internet connection. Please check your connection and try again." My only option at this point is to click the [Close] button and lose the feeback I've already written.
I'm signed in and can see contacts. I can browse websites in my browsers. Windows firewall is disabled. Skype feedback says my internet connection is down.
Since I was unable to upload a screeenshot to the community, I've posted it here:
http colon slash slash imgur.com/TIkTm
P.S. Problems experienced with this forum while trying to post this feedback message:
1) I was allowed to upload an image, then disallowed from submitting the post:
The message body contains http colon slash slash community.skype.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/3
2) When I corrected it quickly by deleting the photo and re-posting, spam detection decided that I was flooding posts:
Please correct the highlighted errors and try again.
- Post flooding detected (community got posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)
3) After that rejection, I decided to upload the image to imgur and leave a link. This was also disallowed on submission. Why leave these options enabled in the WYSIWYG editor?
The message body contains http colon slash slash imgur.com/TIkTm, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post.
4) I provided the following message tags "feedback, internet connection" and recieved this validation message. It looks like there was a trailing comma "feedback, internet connection,". This should just be stripped instead of validated against.
5) After making corrections to get rid of URLs contained in the error messages I pasted in the P.S. section, I get this message. No indication of what was actually removed, but I don't care. Hopefully this time the post will be accepted.
Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.
P.P.S. This entire experience of providing feedback has been so frustrating and time consuming that I don't have the time or motivation to post my original feedback.
There seems to be an issue with the Skype server and the Home page at the moment, for some, including me. If all your other Skype functions are currently working, it should return back to normal soon.
Since I too am having this trouble I will paste my 3rd feedback attempt here so it can be ignored.
The latest update removed many commonly used features or made them harder to access.
- There is no volume control for an incoming video call that I can find.
- The button to take a snapshot is burried under the menus for the call.
- The water mark is unnecessary we all know we are using skype, no need to block a huge chunk of screen with it.
- When you make a video call full screen there is no option to zoom out so you have a full screen video thats missing the top and bottom few inches.
- The feedback option is not working at all, hasnt been working since right after the .144 update pushed.
- There are many other small changes that I now find irritating but none that I can recall at this time.
Each time skype has updated in the last year it has become less and less friendly to the end user. I understand the desire to add new features and keep things fresh but it is to the point now where I am looking for a replacement to skype. I would at least like an option to revert the interface to the older style somewhere in the settings so I dont have to re-learn the program every update. Maybe setup a poll on the site to let users give feedback on the features they'd like to see added in the future?
I have been using skype for years and would hate to have to stop.
This is bogus, it's been broken for months and Skype doesn't care.
Maybe it's all part of becoming a Microsoft product...
I had a very similar problem too, and fixed it by opening Internet Explorer (which is *not* my default browser) and unchecking the "Work Offline" menu-item.
It seems that Skype internally uses IE (regardless of whether or not this is your default browser).
Also tried send feedback but I have the same problem, so I will paste the feedback here:
Instead of having status types buttons on the windows bar, why not have the option to hang up the call. I am often using other window when I am talking to someone, or waiting for the answer. Without the button I have to go to the skype window to be able to hang up. It would be a lot faster if I could do it form the windows bar.
hell, I can't even get the add contact portion of the program to work, I consider the whole skype system a true fail.
I have same problem.
Because I found out when I use SONY android tablet to call someone use Skype, The contact information I call will disaappeared automatically. and I can not sen my feedback to Skype, I paid money for this software, why they have no request our problems!? It is weird.
I had the same problem. Very poor. It leaves you thinking Skype are really not interested in their customers by giving you such a slap in the face when you answer their suggestion to talk to them.
Either bring up the box again and allow to retry or store it locally for delivery later. Do NOT just delete someones feedback and annoy them even more. This kind of bad design can make people leave a service pernamently. Skype is not so big as to loose its position.