Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

[ Edited ]

Petroniusz,

If your computer date and time are way off you will not be able to sync your time.  Also your Skype messages will be out of order.  Google will get certificate errors since it uses an SSL certificate and Yahoo will not because it doesn't for the main page.   You also will not be able to run windows updates and many things will error out or just not work.   Check your date/time, and fix it manually if it is off.  If you date/time continues to be off your onboard RTC Clock is bad and needs to be replaced.  This is generally a CR2032 battery (but may be a different type)  on your computer/laptop motherboard sometimes it's easily accessible other times it is not.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 801
Message 81 of 357 (2,459 Views)

please  correct  the skype Fatal  Error(KERNEL32.dll)  thanks

sam98
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 82 of 357 (2,440 Views)

sam98 wrote:

please  correct  the skype Fatal  Error(KERNEL32.dll)  thanks

Just update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 7333
Message 83 of 357 (2,437 Views)

Hi

I am gettng same problem. you can use earlier version of skype if you dont have XP3.

issue resolved.

:happy:

Thanks

alokranjan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 84 of 357 (2,420 Views)

The clock is okay, the time is correct, but it's not fabrical. Something that's strange for me- if I click on my time then I will get this thing about time right? But if I go to the time from internet and try to sync it, it will tell me that My time is bad, but my time is okay, and if I sync the internet explorer's main page then it will sync, but I think that it's not the same thing :tongue: My IE version is 6.0.2900.5512 but I really wonder why it all happened after installing the newest skype- google and facebook down

Petroniusz
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 85 of 357 (2,405 Views)

Petroniusz wrote:

The clock is okay, the time is correct, but it's not fabrical. Something that's strange for me- if I click on my time then I will get this thing about time right? But if I go to the time from internet and try to sync it, it will tell me that My time is bad, but my time is okay, and if I sync the internet explorer's main page then it will sync, but I think that it's not the same thing :tongue: My IE version is 6.0.2900.5512 but I really wonder why it all happened after installing the newest skype- google and facebook down

Most likely all this happens because you are still using very old version of IE. Install the latest IE8 version for your Windows XP system. If your XP is Polish, then it's best to install the Polish version of IE8 too.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/downloads/ie-8

Make also sure that you always have correct system time. If neccessary, you may need to replace the CMOS battery.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 86 of 357 (2,397 Views)

[ Edited ]

You kidding me? F*ck it, I am downgrading skype now. I dont install Service Pack 3 just because sh*t Skype says.  If it be necessary to have the latest version of the Skype then I will leave Skype. They are keep up-to-dating this Skype and improving nothing just f*cking it all.

Version 6.5 didnt crash but version before this actual current version was keep crashing and closing Skype itself.

Lol that moment when you are downgrading Skype and it says "We are improving your Skype experience.". LOL :happy:

I am on 6.5.0.158 and I am happy. I dont need any new update, if I do I am on ICQ.

RozaWooza
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 87 of 357 (1,854 Views)

I still can't open google and facebook is in html, but computer is not forgetting time so I don't think that it's a battery issue, anyway do I have to install the newest skype version again? Now I just want my facebook and google back, and please don't touch skype for smartphones because newer versions are just making it worse.

Petroniusz
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 88 of 357 (1,838 Views)

Petroniusz wrote:

I still can't open google and facebook is in html, but computer is not forgetting time so I don't think that it's a battery issue, anyway do I have to install the newest skype version again? Now I just want my facebook and google back, and please don't touch skype for smartphones because newer versions are just making it worse.

Have you updated your Internet Explorer to IE8 version?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 89 of 357 (1,834 Views)

bonjour

ramroumafersi
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 90 of 357 (853 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling