Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

Video call won't work
Posted from Apple iPhone
X_Fingertip
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 231 of 358 (488 Views)

Turn on webcam? Slow Internet? Did it work before? What happened?
Posted from Samsung GT-I9500
FlyingDutchman2
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 232 of 358 (470 Views)

Actually this is in error. Updating to SP3 is not the fix, especially if you have SP3 already installed and Skype was working on SP3 in the past.

I have had SP3 for quite some time and it wasn't until the last time Skype updated that I started having the problem which was 6 Nov 13.

I've uninstalled the current version of skype, went to version 6.6 and same results. Did an uninstall again, this time clearing the registry of Skype and did a fresh install of 6.10 and error occurs.

The problem appears to have started with the latest push for version 6.9, my other systems with versions below 6.9 and yes all running SP3 have no problems. Systems with version 6.9 and above all have the problem.

The cure if you are running SP3 and version 6.9 or above, uninstall Skype, edit the registry and delete entries for HKLM, Software, Skype and also HKLU, Software, Skype.

Then go to Documents and Settings, All Users, Application Data and delete Skype.

Go to Documents and Settings, <Current User>, Application Data and delete Skype

Go to Documents and Settings, <Current User>, Local Settings, Application Data and delete Skype.

Also wouldnt hurt to see if it got put in Documents and Settings, All Users, Start Menu, Programs if so delete it.

Locate and download Skypesetup version 6.6.0.106.msi, when it's installed and running go to <Tools>,<Options>,<Advanced>,<Automatic Updates> and turn this off.

IhateAwesome
Novel Adventurer
Message 233 of 358 (450 Views)

What exactly is the error mesage you receive when running Skype 6.9 or higher?

Not all kernel32.dll error messages are the same.

Only the error message saying: Failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation (KERNEL32.dll) is related to missing SP3 update.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6377
Message 234 of 358 (441 Views)

Hmmm. I have the same problem, but this step did not fix it.  Any other suggestions?

MindfulGuidance
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 235 of 358 (399 Views)

MindfulGuidance wrote:

Hmmm. I have the same problem, but this step did not fix it.  Any other suggestions?

What exactly is the text of the error message?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 236 of 358 (397 Views)

Hi All,

Getting same Kernel Error(Appliction Error). I have installed XP SP3....any suggestions would help please? 

Thanks

Hari

Hari_kris
Novel Adventurer
Message 237 of 358 (336 Views)

Hari_kris wrote:

Hi All,

Getting same Kernel Error(Appliction Error). I have installed XP SP3....any suggestions would help please? 

Thanks

Hari

Remove Skype version 6.9 and reinstall version 6.6 and turn automatic updates OFF. I had same situation and could not remove or reinstall SP3. Good luck and let forum  know the results.

Posted from Samsung GT-I9500
FlyingDutchman2
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 238 of 358 (316 Views)

ka daryti negaliu atidaryti savo skaipo

ramsas
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 239 of 358 (311 Views)

Hari_kris wrote:

Hi All,

Thanks

Hari

What exactly is the text of the error message?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 240 of 358 (311 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling