Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

what can i do to use again may skype name?

tazmanian
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 111 of 358 (3,070 Views)

13.06.2002. wrote:

i have this problem too.and i deleted and redownloaded and nothing! just says fatal error-failed to get proc address for GetLogicalProcessorInformation(KERNELL32.dll) !!! and i go to link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/meet but i do not know how to fix it ???

please help me!!! i just want to now each step,describe please!

In order to solve this issue you need to update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6978
Message 112 of 358 (3,055 Views)

tazmanian wrote:

what can i do to use again may skype name?

In order to solve this issue you need to update your Windows XP installation to Service Pack 3.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

The GetLogicalProcessorInformation function was first introduced in Windows XP with Service Pack 3 and was not present on older Windows XP installations

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 113 of 358 (3,055 Views)

Co do sterowników to nie moge znaleźć bo mi google padł i w innych nie moge znaleźć bo albo jakiś program albo co, chętnie bym przyjął jakbyś mi takowe podesłał bo ja nieogarnięty i ciągle coś chyba źle robie :/. Why don't just put on the support page information that to fix this problem you need to install SP3? And then if that won't work ask for help on forum.

Petroniusz
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 114 of 358 (3,028 Views)

Petroniusz wrote:

Co do sterowników to nie moge znaleźć bo mi google padł i w innych nie moge znaleźć bo albo jakiś program albo co, chętnie bym przyjął jakbyś mi takowe podesłał bo ja nieogarnięty i ciągle coś chyba źle robie :/. Why don't just put on the support page information that to fix this problem you need to install SP3? And then if that won't work ask for help on forum.

Try to reset your Internet Explorer to default settings.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/reset-internet-explorer-8-settings

Look for new drivers on this site:

http://www.amd.com/us/PRODUCTS/DESKTOP/GRAPHICS/ATI-RADEON-HD-4000/HD-4600/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-4600-...

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 115 of 358 (3,024 Views)

[ Edited ]

Petroniusz wrote:

....Why don't just put on the support page information that to fix this problem you need to install SP3? And then if that won't work ask for help on forum.

XP service pack 3 has been a minimum requirement for Skype for some time.  People choose to ignore that requirement and continue to install/run Skype.  If you meet Skype's requirements you should not receive this exact error [GetLogicalProcessorInformation (Kernel32.dll)].  References to this exact error and it's solution are repeated everywhere in the Community, yet people don't take the time to search for it.  So if people continue to ignore the abundance of information already provided, I don't see how another post on the subject will change people from doing what they want to do.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 1455
Message 116 of 358 (3,015 Views)

skype did not want to instalatio  told me  error kernel32.dll

d.e.e.a
Casual Tourist
Message 117 of 358 (2,160 Views)

hi sir my skype  Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll)

Heeraanjum
Casual Tourist
Message 118 of 358 (2,153 Views)

Re: Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll) please help to display skype on computer

Fatal Error Re: Skype Fatal Error, (KERNEL32.dll) please help to display skype on computer

estherpa
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 51
Message 119 of 358 (2,129 Views)

When running Media Center, DO NOT UPDATE TO SP3, it destroys media-center completely. This is something Microsoft never told the XP Media-center clients. I run MC on one of my machines and it's kaput, did some research and found on a microsoft page that I should not have updated to SP3... well if that's the case why didn't you check my OS before updating it (you know those settings 'update automatically')????? Thanks Bill

JaapKrijger
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 120 of 358 (1,425 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling