Skype Desktop on Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Skype Desktop on Windows 8

try this Portable Version

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/skype_portable

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8134
Message 21 of 68 (2,113 Views)

Ok let's see what I've did:

UnInstall skype 

revo1.JPG

revo2.JPG

revo3.JPG

It cleared up the regestry

revo4.JPG

clear files

revo5.JPG

everything is clear

no skype.JPG

even here

Now intstalling portable version that you gave

portInstall.JPG

singing in

signin.JPG

after i sent about 4 messages, it stuck

notworking.JPG

this wheel will round forewer

Ddoc
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 22 of 68 (2,111 Views)

Have you already change your Skype password?

Does this issue occurs to only for a one contact?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 23 of 68 (2,105 Views)

yes I've reset my password, and I haven't try it with other logins, because this skype name works normally at other computers
Ddoc
Casual Adventurer
Message 24 of 68 (2,103 Views)

Were you able to use Skype without any issues earlier?
What’s the recent change that you made to your computer after which this issue has started to occur?
What is the type of internet connection you are using?
Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
When was the last time it was working fine?
Do you have youtube mp3 converter / facebook video or similiar software installed on your computer?

try to connect to Skype through a proxy

In Skype Click Tools >> Click Connection options...to configure your proxy settings.

type any port between 1024 and 65535

In the drop-down menu that appears in the middle of the connection options, select the HTTPS.

In the Host box type the proxy IP address 188.127.227.224 , In the box labeled Port, write the port of the proxy 3128, Uncheck enable uPnP then click Save.

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit"

Restart Skype and sign in.

proxy1.PNG

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 25 of 68 (2,077 Views)

1. Skype was working without any issue for couple of month. 

2. It happens unexpectedly, just normally working, didn't install anything, and after the certain post it just stuck.

3. I am using wired connection and WiFi, skype doesn't work at any of them

4. No I have no security on my computer, just global company security, but no one of my colleges doesn't face with the same problem

5. Last time was at Thursday noon, after in stuck, I've tried to roll back system.

6. Non of those program are installed on my computer.

I would like to thank you about the recommendation according PROXY IT HELPED!

Now my skype is working normally THANKS A LOT!!!

:(y)::bigsmile::(y):

Ddoc
Casual Adventurer
Message 26 of 68 (2,057 Views)

You are very welcome and thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 27 of 68 (2,040 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have come to the conclusion that Skype on windows * is useless..   I can't get it to do anything.   I went back to the native version.  Blah!  this is stupid...

jrtemple27
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 28 of 68 (1,898 Views)

I tried to download Skype for my desktop vs using the app and I can download the file fine, but when I click on it and give my permission for changes, nothing happens.

kearamahan
Novel Tourist
Message 29 of 68 (1,863 Views)

Skype support instructions work fine to install a desktop version, however it cannot make calls.  The 'call phone' icon never comes up off shaded and clicking it does nothing.  Double clicking a contact - nothing.

Cannot make calls *period*

Using 'Start Screen' version is awkward, since my application data is all on the desktop.  kludgey.

Tamin's REVO Uninstall suggestion KILLED MY WinHATE install!  I had to REFRESH Load the OS - AND - ALL MY APPS again.  I'm really interested in some ELSE's ideas, here.  Perhaps someone...oh, I don't know...who WORKS FOR SKYPE, perhaps.

I have new Lenovo H5s/AMD PC.

I_hate_8
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 30 of 68 (1,514 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling