Re: Skype Can't Connect Me

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I have this same problem! I've downloaded the most recent version multiple times, but it still says it can't connect me!

Unrequited_
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 41 (1,571 Views)

I try to connect to my daughter, we're both on-line - the call from either of us fails with a message that something is wrong. There's the quick disconnection with a sigh as the other party tries to answer

Peterjo8
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 41 (1,549 Views)

I have the lastest version of skype but it won't connect me I put in the right sign in name and password I tried redownloading and installing it but that didnt' work and skype worked before and then i installed the new version and now it won't work, i have windows 7 on my laptop and that's the computer that skype usually works on.

please tell me what I can do to fix the problem.

thanks

isssonko
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 13 of 41 (1,398 Views)

Is there a problem with Skype as of now.. I am in Europe at the moment & i am not able to connect to skype at all!!.... Pls tell me what should i do...

dhirajwadhwani
Novel Tourist
Message 14 of 41 (1,330 Views)

I was fine with signing in yesterday (friday march 9th) and same with this morning (saturday... pacific standard time... west coast canada) .... and now it won't show me as online.  The heartbeat says everything is connected.  

silver_ice18
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 41 (1,301 Views)

i have the exact same problem. skype was working fine for me this morning but then it wouldnt let me sign in.. i had the correct username and password..i can access skype on my ipod but not on my windows 7 pc.

charlexwest
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 41 (1,284 Views)

I had the same problem : latest version, etc. and a message says : Skype can't connect.

SOLUTION: uninstall your skype and install an older version, I have tried Skype Version 5.5. It works. Try it.

glory_reaper
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 17 of 41 (1,168 Views)

I am having the exact same problem! I have also installed an older version of skype and it worked for a while but now again it won't connect. So again I re-insated and disconnected it and I even re-name the file like mentioned on other posts...but nothing....I NEED HELP TOO! Please someone HELP!

bakergang5
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 41 (1,084 Views)

I have Windows Vista and had the skype working, but really having problems getting to my contact list whenever I shut down my system.  What is going on?

funnygirl
Novel Tourist
Message 19 of 41 (1,081 Views)

I had SCYPE on my laptop but I had to replace the Hardrive, I have tried to download SCYPE to my new hardrive but everytime I sign in as normal it sends me back to the register page again where it askes me to enter in all the info in again, all I want to do is the download the progran to my computer , how can I do it?

amatbinn
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 41 (1,049 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling