Screen Sharing with computer Sound

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Screen Sharing with computer Sound

Can I use my computer sound instead of mic?

I want to share screen a video but I want the others to be able to hear the video sound from my computer as the mic doesn`t provide a good quality for this.

Thank you!

irinaPaulenco
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (38,045 Views)

Re: Screen Sharing with computer Sound

irinaPaulenco wrote:

Can I use my computer sound instead of mic?

I want to share screen a video but I want the others to be able to hear the video sound from my computer as the mic doesn`t provide a good quality for this.

Thank you!

Please see your Windows Stereo Mix options.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 2 of 4 (37,940 Views)

Thanks for the answer, I tried to find the windows mix options, I`m on windows XP and have a sigmatel audio sound card.

My understanding is that windows mix options are named differently from sound card to sound card

and I still don`t know how to set it up in order to have the result I need: screen sharing with sound from videos played on my computer.

Much appreciated if you can help me more.

Thank you!

irinaPaulenco
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (37,938 Views)

[ Edited ]

STARTMENU - Run: paste:
%SystemRoot%\System32\sndvol32.exe -r
click OK

The recording applet opens. Click "Options - Properties", activate the checkboxes of the available resources in order to display them.

In the full view of your recording applet, check one of these:

-  "stereomix" or "WhatUhear" or similar: This takes every sound of your computer as input to skype, including your voice and the voice of your partner, who will hear himself echoed :sad:

- wav: This captures only the audio part of your video file, but no voices. during your video presentation, use textchat.

xp-audio-inputs.JPG

the embedded graphics will be visible only after approval by board staff

De Dom en Kölle · Lösungen zu den häufigsten Problemen im Forum.
If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a Kudo: click on   + thumb-up ↘

Wenn du meine Bemühungen ok findest, gib mir bitte einen Kudo ↘
kicks-mobil
Explorer
Kudos: 747
Message 4 of 4 (37,932 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling