Re: Screen Sharing!!!!!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Screen Sharing option grayed out

[ Edited ]

Hi!

After downloading new version of Skype, my "screen sharing" option is grayed out... Why can't I share my screen? I learned that Group Screen Sharing is only available with Premium account. But why can't I share screen with 1-to-1 call?

PS: sorry for typos

Accepted Solution

by ruwim

There is a bug in the latest version of Skype, which results in that screen sharing is disabled if the contact is in “Invisible” mode.

View solution in original post
glassbf
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 20 (44,352 Views)

Ok, I learned that you have to turn off "sending video" and that you can share screen.

Nice upgrade... previous version did that for you, now you have to do it manually...

But! My "share video" is still grayed out and can't click on it even if I turn my video off...

glassbf
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 20 (44,327 Views)

There is a bug in the latest version of Skype, which results in that screen sharing is disabled if the contact is in “Invisible” mode.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7419
Message 3 of 20 (44,323 Views)

Thanks Ruwim.

I hope it will be fixed in new relase.

glassbf
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 20 (44,310 Views)

Screen sharing was great in the previous version of Skype.  Now I am finding that it just freezes on the first frame.  For me, it is just useless now.

arizonica
Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 5 of 20 (43,069 Views)

Screen Sharing!!!!!!

We just updated to the new version of Skype and now my boyfriend and I can not share screens to see each other's computers. How do we fix this without paying for it as it was a free service before the updgrade.

Kccountrylife
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 6 of 20 (43,049 Views)

Kccountrylife wrote:

We just updated to the new version of Skype and now my boyfriend and I can not share screens to see each other's computers. How do we fix this without paying for it as it was a free service before the updgrade.

Screen sharing on 1-to-1 chat is still free, but there is a small “but”. You need to switch your video off before starting screen sharing. With the latest updates it’s now possible to share screen with video on, but this requires a Premium subscription.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7419
Message 7 of 20 (43,036 Views)

Just disable your video feed, then share screen, ..... 

DaemonX6
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 20 (42,770 Views)

I appreciate that this problem has now been 'solved' but I thought it might be useful for you to know why free screen sharing is so important to me. My mother, who lives abroad, is doing very well for someone of her age getting used to the brave new world of the laptop and internet, but it's very much something she needs regular help with. Screen sharing allows me to direct her through opening files, closing applications and so on, as if I am there in the room helping her. This great service is a real lifeline for her, so on behalf of us both, thank you for all the work you are doing to keep the facility up and running.

alexwent
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 20 (42,620 Views)

wtf is wrong with microsoft now you wanna charge for screen sharing? no wonder your company is going down the drain. !!! 

sadev
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 10 of 20 (41,706 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling