Same account on multiple devices?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Same account on multiple devices?

Hi all,

Is it possible to have Skype installed on a Windows laptop, as well as an Android phone, using the same Skype account?

I'm new to Skype, and after logging into my account on both the laptop and my phone, I'm unable to locate...let alone, add "myself" on either device.

Is this not possible?

we5inelgr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (10,224 Views)

Re: Same account on multiple devices?

I've used skype on different computers (all signed in on the same account) and haven't run into any real problems until now. Before I could log in no problem,it would take a while for my chats to load up.

What do you mean by locating or adding yourself? You can log in on the other devices, right?
bornahorse
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 6 (10,022 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I can log into each (laptop & android), but I'm unable to "locate" my account to add as a contact...on either device.

Therefore, how do I call?

Example, while logged in on the laptop & the android, with the same account, how do I make a call to my other device without being able to add as a contact?

The reason for this set up, is that my wife and I will be out of country and we want to be able to call our kids (from our androids) to our laptop at home and don't want to have to open up multiple accounts.

we5inelgr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 6 (10,017 Views)

Ohhh, I see. You can't call yourself or message yourself, it has to be other accounts, so you would have to get another account so the kids can sign on one and you and your wife can sign in on the other and talk to each other. You can use free accounts for this, you don't have to have both paying accounts.
bornahorse
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (10,011 Views)

I have added Skype to my iPhone via pc with Skype already on pc with credit in the A/c. My iPhone does'nt recognise this A/c. Skype was downloaded via iTunes from PC. Can one really have more than one device off single A/c. It is not intended to talk to each other or not necessarily to other Skype users, could call any mobile or phone and be charged for it Single A/c simplifies top-up. appreciate your input, thanks D/n
democracynow_ie
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (9,919 Views)

hi. can i use my android tablet for my call while using the video call using my laptop. i mean, while i'm talking to the same person. my problem is, my audio works good in my tablet and my video in my laptop.. is that possible?

alzeer
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (3,858 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling