SKYPE video call very bad quality

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

SKYPE video call very bad quality

[ Edited ]

From this Monday April 15. I have problem with skype video call.

Quality of image I send and receive is very bad and even sound is not good.

Call quality information is yellow and changes to red often. It says that my connection is slow.

I tested my internet at speedtest.net and got upload and download speed of around 100Mbps and 3ms ping.

My net provider says its 100Mbps up/down internet and all internet sites I visit like youtube etc works very fast. So what is the problem with skype? My PC is Intel i5 ivy bridge at 2.5GHZ 4GB RAM etc so I don't think there is problem with PC or internet speeds.

I had same problem on Sunday but solved it by sign out > sing in with different skype account (not windows live that I use now) but now even this can not solve my problem.

vaidysb
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 4 (7,405 Views)

Re: SKYPE video call very bad quality

[ Edited ]

After two days situation did not get any better. Problem solved by getting rid of skype and using ooVoo for video calls, now I can enjoy HD video chat again. When I tried ooVoo and saw that I can do HD video again and sound is crystal clear I was very happy (so happy that I decided to get premium plan even thought i dont need it), no thanks to skype.

vaidysb
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 4 (7,370 Views)

My video keeps going off when I connect with anyone. I press video and it comes on for a few seconds then goes away. Help!

davebrookscoach
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (6,905 Views)

Skype has become one big lag storm, terrible video and sound now. It's funny how it's say;s problem has been solved and it's not..... idiots

FrustratedOrang
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 4 (4,387 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling