Re: SKYPE keeps shutting down after I do anything

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH 4 THIS ADVISE - IT WORKED :happy:
barbarab
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 161 of 173 (2,705 Views)

mine is doing the same thing care to share your advice
nanajojo560
Novel Tourist
Message 162 of 173 (2,663 Views)

I have the same problem.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled but as soon as I try and call I get a windows prompt staying the program failed...

dennis1176
Novel Tourist
Message 163 of 173 (2,661 Views)

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem.

I'm running Skype on an PC with Windows 7. I have followed all the tips on the website to stop this problem and nothing has worked. My computer is fully updated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of Skype at least six times, using two different browsers to do so. Both of my firewalls, for Windows and my virus protection, allow Skype to function through them.

I can log in and I can open the screen, but once I click on it, it immediately stops working and shuts itself down. Therefore I can't even make it into this "Safe-Mode" someone above mentioned.

Last night I updated, restarted, and reinstalled. Skype worked. This morning it's right back to this constant irritation. I will not continuously delete and reupload Skype anymore. Skype has stopped working 20 times within the last three weeks. Most of the time this results in me simply giving up on using the program. If this issue isn't fixed soon, I'll have to find a different way to contact my friends and family.

Someone please direct me to someone in charge that I can email, because I see that this problem is becoming increasingly common and no one in the forums seems to know real solution to the problem.

newsaix77
Casual Tourist
Message 164 of 173 (2,598 Views)

missd_v_1993200 wrote:

Any move I make in Skype shuts it down I have downloaded the newest version and it still is doing this....

Uninstall the current version of Skype, then reinstall the new Skype 5.7 beta version. See if it helps.

Download Skype 5.7 Beta for Windows:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

If not resolve this issue, then

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype".

4. Re-run Skype

Check if the issue persists.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6070
Message 165 of 173 (2,565 Views)

izzie_smiles
Novel Tourist
Message 166 of 173 (2,431 Views)

Download and Reinstall the new Skype 5.7 beta version. See if it helps.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

If not resolve this issue, then

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

4. Re-run Skype

Check if the issue persists

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6070
Message 167 of 173 (2,426 Views)

shadow99x99x wrote:

Yeah I gto same problem

natlifaken
Novel Tourist
Message 168 of 173 (2,172 Views)

Yea...my comp would shut down just a few minutes after logging on and using the latest version of Skype.

All the boffins said that it was due to (pcik a reason). In other words, MT comp.

But, I figure that seeing as I've been using Skype for years without a problem until Microsuck stuck their noses in, it's more about passing the buck.

Love your product...hate being dumped with the blame for your developmental screwups!

masuak
Novel Adventurer
Message 169 of 173 (1,908 Views)

SAME HERE, UNISTALLED AND REINSTALLED SAME CRAP.

bob.b
Novel Tourist
Message 170 of 173 (570 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling