Re: SKYPE keeps shutting down after I do anything

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

@sk, you're probably not an Administrator on your computer and do no have privileges.
Natty4
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 51 of 170 (2,303 Views)

My Skype is crashing when I try and use video call. I get error message " instructions @0X00000000 referenced memory at memory could not be written" Like everyone else I have tried everything. I have also downloaded my webcam again and nothing. I have uninstalled skype and reinstalled it. I have changed compatibility settings. I have used device manager to see if there has been any hardware changes and to update drivers. I have run windows update. I have checked security program to make sure it is not blocking skype and I have turned off my pop up controller in browser. Help soon please

kemo14
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 52 of 170 (2,289 Views)

Mine is doing the same thing....wish it would get fixed.  I uninstalled and reinstalled several times but no luck.  PLEASE Skype, fix this issue ASAP!

nanpal333
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 53 of 170 (2,284 Views)

Well, it's not just me having this problem then.

I have been trying to talk with my mom who's overseas all night and could not. Had uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times. Nothing helped.

I love Skype, but this is so frustrating.

I guess I just have to wait and see.

Tsengee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 54 of 170 (2,249 Views)

I have the same problem. Please fix this skype.
j_justine18
Novel Tourist
Message 55 of 170 (2,168 Views)

I have called 2 of my Skype friends on their mobile phones and they are having the same problems as all of us. No mention of it anywhere on google yet, other than a link to here.

danieandian
Novel Tourist
Message 56 of 170 (2,163 Views)

Yea mines been acting up like i would sign on and then look for someone to talk too and when i would it would just shut down. I've tried multiple times uninstalling it and reinstalling it. im gettin frustrated -.-

cheerboy123
Novel Tourist
Message 57 of 170 (2,160 Views)

http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/beta/  INSTALL THIS VERSION TO FIX THE CRASHING PROBLEM-IT WORKS AND I AM SPREADING THE WORD-ITS THE LATEST VERSION OF SKYPE-I BY THE WAY HAVE LAPTOP w/ WINDOWS 7 & 64 BIT

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 41
Message 58 of 170 (2,151 Views)

So......... does anyone know what to do?

I was using skype just a few minutes ago, and all of a sudden: "Skype is not working, windows is closing the program blah blah blah."

So, I re-opened skype... didn't work, still crashed.
So, I restarted my computer, and re-opened skype... didn't work, still crashed.

So, I un-installed and re-installed skype... dind't work, still crashed. 

Asher
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 59 of 170 (2,099 Views)

Same...I cant click on anything in skype without it "unable to function". Getting frustrated fast...HELP
justind64
Novel Tourist
Message 60 of 170 (2,064 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling