SKYPE LOGIN NOT SHOWING

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: SKYPE LOGIN NOT SHOWING

cammieb wrote:
Thanks I will try this and tell you what happens.

You are very welcome. If after doing this, it still fails, you may have a registry issue, but we should try this first.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 31 of 61 (1,155 Views)

hi guys, well im having kinda the same problem, but only that i can see the boxes to sign in but when i enter my password and username and then hit "sign me in" it opens me this folder "Skype/Apps/Login" and doesnt sign.

as u might saw my english it is not so good, because im from Venezuela. 

GerardRaaz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 32 of 61 (1,150 Views)

[ Edited ]

GerardRaaz wrote:

hi guys, well im having kinda the same problem, but only that i can see the boxes to sign in but when i enter my password and username and then hit "sign me in" it opens me this folder "Skype/Apps/Login" and doesnt sign.

Please try the register command in the prior posts here, and if they fail with an error please post back here. Because there can be 1 last cause that has not been posted here yet.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 33 of 61 (1,147 Views)

I rebooted the computer, disabled my firewall, and tried again, but it still gave me the same error code. I used the "temporary solution" and it worked, but as you said I can't add contacts. Anything else I can do to get Skype to work to its full capabilities?

cammieb
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 34 of 61 (1,144 Views)

[ Edited ]

cammieb wrote:

I rebooted the computer, disabled my firewall, and tried again, but it still gave me the same error code. I used the "temporary solution" and it worked, but as you said I can't add contacts. Anything else I can do to get Skype to work to its full capabilities?

Sorry to be driving you NUTS over this, but this error has many causes, it is a generic error.

This WILL fix the issue, since we tried to deal with the other possible causes.

You will need to disable ("Turn Off") UAC, then do the failed command and then re-enable ("Turn On") UAC.

Here are the instructions for doing that ("You don't need to watch the video, the commands are listed at the bottom of the page"): http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 35 of 61 (1,140 Views)

GerardRaaz wrote:

Just as an information.

The "Skype/Apps/Login" folder and “blue sky login window” are just two different manifestations of exactly the same problem. Both are caused by Internet Explorer not being able to execute JavaScript.

The first case you will se with Skype 5.5/5.6 and the second with 5.7/5.8.

In both cases the solution is the same. Follow the instructions provided here.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6283
Message 36 of 61 (1,132 Views)

i've tried the register command and it keep sending me to this folder when i hit "sign me in"Untitledwxxw.jpg

GerardRaaz
Novel Adventurer
Message 37 of 61 (1,123 Views)

Are you doing the instructions by opening a command window as administrator and then doing the commands, as the instructions state?

Did the instructions complete without errors?

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/SKYPE-LOGIN-NOT-SHOWING/m-p/476695#M41744

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 38 of 61 (1,117 Views)

the weird thing is that yestarday i was able to connect/sign in and today i can't and i get that error... im thinking that it might be something wrong with the javascript thing...

because i cant even watch a video on youtube i have to watch it with chrome..

GerardRaaz
Novel Adventurer
Message 39 of 61 (1,118 Views)

Okay, so I did them as you said and it worked without error. Do I need to redo the process once I set my computer back to normal again? Because it still won't work.

cammieb
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 40 of 61 (1,116 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling