Requesting Push-to-talk support for Mouse4

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Requesting Push-to-talk support for Mouse4

[ Edited ]

To my understanding, the "toggle mute/push-to-mute" key works like a PTT key if you are muted in Skype, as it'll unmute you every time you press it. That's great but I can't set my side mouse button (Mouse4) to work. I can set Mouse1 and Mouse2 (left and right mouse buttons), but not Mouse4. I can't use any keyboard button for PTT because they are all taken up by the games I am playing, and Mouse4 is the only convenient key.

Please allow Skype to recognize Mouse4!

If anybody has a working PTT application that works with Mouse4, please send me it. Hopefully one that integrates with Skype, because a general PTT one that mutes/unmutes your mic in Windows leaves me with a weird popping noise every time I unmute my mic. I want one that works with Skype specifically.

Dokudoku4u
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 21 (5,266 Views)

Re: REQUESTING PUSH TO TALK SUPPORT FOR MOUSE4

Can you please share which mouse model you are using and if you have the manufacturer's drivers and mouse software installed? Could very well be that your fourth mouse button is actually not a native one.q

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10312
Message 2 of 21 (5,202 Views)

Currently at work, but I have a Logitech MX518 with SetPoint drivers.

I don't see how that would affect Skype's ability to recognize Mouse4: Mouse4 is recognized by every other application that accepts it.

Dokudoku4u
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 21 (5,182 Views)

Problem still hasn't been fixed. 

Dokudoku4u
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 21 (5,132 Views)

Bumping again because the topic got pushed back.

Dokudoku4u
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 21 (5,096 Views)

I just checked with my Logitech G5 and indeed MB4 and MB5 are not recognized as hotkey buttons. I've created a ticket to get that fixed. I won't expect high priority for it though.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10312
Message 6 of 21 (5,089 Views)

Thanks. Would be great to see it fixed – that's the only thing holding me back from using Skype exclusively. It seems like it would be a simple thing to add the compatiblity.

Crossing my fingers

Dokudoku4u
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 21 (5,081 Views)

BUMPING FOR JUSTICE.

Kind of silly that PTT & PTM is such a low priority. 

Not everybody wants to use headphones alllllll the time.

I want to use skype, but the features and codec's simply dont compare to other free software....

ril3yk
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 21 (4,812 Views)

it turns out that it is quite easy to program an extra mouse key to perform one of the supported Skype hotkey functions, at least using the Logitech Setpoint utility

for example, if you want to program a particular mouse button to Toggle Mute (Push-to-talk), then all you need to do is to use the Setpoint utility to program that mouse key to generate the SAME keystroke sequence that you assigned and enabled for this Toggle Mute function in Tools|Options|Advanced|Hotkeys
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 820
Message 9 of 21 (4,716 Views)

[ Edited ]

Alright, how to setup PTT for MB4 within the program without modifying anything outside of Skype. (Drivers Mouse Customization Software etc...)

Go to (*Windows Login Name*\AppData\Roaming\Skype\*Skype Profile Name*)

Navigate to config.xml, Right click - edit *Before doing this however makes sure you have hotkeys enabled in Skype that you turn OFF Skype before doing this* (close application end task whatever)

Scroll down to <Hotkeys>

Scroll down within that section to <b009>

change the settings to this

<b009>

<enabled>1</enabled>

<keyCode>5</keyCode>

<mod>0</mod>

</b009>

Load Skype back up check your settings and it should read as MB4. Also the only reason I'm doing this is because this so called "Super User" Neil in my opinion didn't give a sufficient answer.

You're welcome.

[Edited for tone]

DiabhalEX
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 10 of 21 (4,313 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling