Re: Removing Skype from my Registry +

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: Removing Skype from my Registry +

mcbaine42 wrote:

I also need big help with this. Although my problem exists because i used windows troubleshooting, and it asked me if i wanted to use skype using reccomended settings and i was an idiot and said yes. Now it won't run on startup, it doesn't stay open when i hit the exit button, and it doesn't display W7 Aero windows. Would wiping my registry of this foul program do any good?

Right click on Skype's desktop shortcut. Select Properties and then the Compatibility tab. Uncheck all the options there.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6064
Message 11 of 15 (975 Views)

Re: Removing Skype from my Registry

I can not remove skype key from my register, and a reinstall gt 1603 Error.

Tryed all suggestions on this thread, revo did not touch it, regedit kan not touch it, so now I have been without sckype for 6 weeks.  I am administrator run evry thing as so, no help, it seems to be locked with a not know permission, at least I havent found it.

Problem after update.     

How to remove un removaable skype key from register.

Key : Hkey current user\software\skype\phone\Ai\general\ toolbar.

pavane16
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 15 (888 Views)

Re: Removing Skype from my Registry

Are you sure Hkey current user\software\skype\phone\Ai\general\ toolbar isn't really

Hkey current user\software\skype\phone\UI\general\toolbar ?

Anyway, try starting Windows in safe mode and see if that will let you delete the registry key you want to remove.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1023
Message 13 of 15 (884 Views)

Re: Removing Skype from my Registry.

I have Tried evry thing suggested here, the key can not be removed. Any new input, except for reinstalling. Why can Skype solve this problem, which seems to an inherited software problem. Been with out Skype 4month, after falling update. Ian
Posted from Apple iPad
pavane16
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 15 (838 Views)

Re: Removing Skype from my Registry.

If you are having issues in regedit, go to the start "bubble" and in the search box type CMD. In the search results above, right click on CMD and choose run as administrator. At the elevated command prompt, type regedit.  When you get to the problem entry, you will need to take ownership of the entry. If that is still a problem, go one level up and in the permissions, reset the permissiosn and propogate to child objects. You should then be able to take ownership of the entry and delete it.

If you do end up going up a level to propogate permissions to child objects and you get an message that it couldn't replicate to all objects, that doesn't mean your key did not get reset. Give it a try anyway.

singingforjoy
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 15 (203 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling